Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

59 previous convictions; 10 years; then 25 years; now lifetime driving ban.

Options
  • 25-04-2013 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

A Donegal man, who was the topic of an earlier thread here has today been jailed for five years and disqualified from driving for life for endangering the life of a garda and dangerous driving.

How is this guy and his like so fcuking stupid? He clearly does not give a sh1t about the lives of others. A quick google of his name gives some insight into the trail of misery and destruction left wherever this scumbag goes.
    You can even have a gander at his facebook page, which largely features modified sports car, bottles of vodka and misspelt abuse towards AGS.

Its sickening reading on what seems like a weekly basis about these dregs who will never learn.

They're not fit to be within the population.
    Is there or will there ever be a solution to their scourge on society?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Don e have some gall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Donegal is the new crime capital of Ireland.

once they keep Bundoran clean I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Link is going to 404.

Either way, it won't stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

IMHO the sentences should have been consecutive:(, That might soften his cough:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,591 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Concurrent sentences are useless, they need to be consecutive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

But he was probably misunderstood as a child. I think he deserves another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Concurrent sentences are useless, they need to be consecutive.

Perhaps the first official language does'nt have a word for consecutive.....?

First thing this Free Legal Aid appeal team will focus on is the Lifetime Driving Ban.....on the grounds of..."Ah now,c'mon Judge,ye can't be like that".....

There's little doubt but modern Ireland does appear to have produced a significant amount of people this guys age,whos'e cranial thickness is significantly greater than the norm.

I don't know if anybody else notices,but a lot of these folks have that certain...."look" about them,that causes "normals" to move aside,whilst other "unusuals" tend to thump them out of the blue ....we're living in interesting times indeed....:rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

5 years in prison is still far to lenient

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Could you abort him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Make It Happen 968

5 years in prison is still far to lenient

He will be out in 2 years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Nabber wrote: »

Bundoran and clean in the one sentence. There's a first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Driving ban means nothing to these types. I know one lad personally who is banned for four years for dangerous driving(while having no licence or insurance. Let's not even bother mentioning the no tax or nct, that's a given). I saw him yesterday driving out of the local Tesco carpark. Not a care in the world. The ban was eight months ago. He also was sentenced to six months in jail and was out within a few days, literally.

If you never had a licence, and that didn't bother you, sure why would a ban have any effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Bundoran is a sh1thole

"Amusements" shops everywhere and the place closes for winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

A Donegal man, who was the topic of an earlier thread here has today been jailed for five years and disqualified from driving for life for endangering the life of a garda and dangerous driving.

How is this guy and his like so fcuking stupid? He clearly does not give a sh1t about the lives of others. A quick google of his name gives some insight into the trail of misery and destruction left wherever this scumbag goes.
    You can even have a gander at his facebook page, which largely features modified sports car, bottles of vodka and misspelt abuse towards AGS.

Its sickening reading on what seems like a weekly basis about these dregs who will never learn.

Looked up the link there
    Never before have I read something and felt what a fooking p***k!!
    This "cool dude" has no sense of compassion, empathy or moral compass
    Concurrent sentences were way too lenient - should absolutely have been consecutive. What a complete a$$

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Looks to have a baby as well from his facebook. What a piece of dirt he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Driving bans mean nothing to these people, my car was rear ended in November 12 by a young lad who had been banned from driving for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

fullstop wrote: »
    Looks to have a baby as well from his facebook. What a piece of dirt he is.

Which means,at the very least,a child in need of an urgent place of safety order ?

It's about time this State realized that "Child Protection" is about far more than only sexual issues....:(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm not sure why I'm actually more shocked about him having driven like this while there were other people in the car with him - including a 16 year old pregnant girl.

Mindboggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Should throw away the key to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

So whats the solution.

Driving bans are utterly pointless as a deterrent, insofar as a driving ban only works if the person it is issued upon adheres to it.
    Whether they influence any subsequent sentences for convictions isn't even that clear in some cases.

Take a pointer from Sharia Law and chop of the gear changing hand or clutch pressing foot?
    All joking aside it would probably be the only effective penalty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

no limerick will always hold that badge of honour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Bundoran is a sh1thole

"Amusements" shops everywhere and the place closes for winter.

They even take in the roads from time to time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Driving bans server no purpose for people like this. If they dont follow the law about driving in the first place whos to say they are going to follow the law regarding their driving ban.

The law needs to be changed regarding sentencing.

Its pointless sentencing someone to 5 years and letting them out in two or three.

Whats the point. A conviction should be a conviction. You should spend the the exact amount of time given not a day less or more. None of this BS about getting out early for good behavior etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

So whats the solution.

Driving bans are utterly pointless as a deterrent, insofar as a driving ban only works if the person it is issued upon adheres to it.
    Whether they influence any subsequent sentences for convictions isn't even that clear in some cases.

Take a pointer from Sharia Law and chop of the gear changing hand or clutch pressing foot?
    All joking aside it would probably be the only effective penalty!

I'd be in favour of more checks on drivers.
    The deterring function of any punishment fades to nothing if people know that they won't get caught. There's no point introducing more laws and stricter laws, what needs to be done is actually enforce the laws that are in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Driving ban means nothing to these types. I know one lad personally who is banned for four years for dangerous driving(while having no licence or insurance. Let's not even bother mentioning the no tax or nct, that's a given). I saw him yesterday driving out of the local Tesco carpark. Not a care in the world. The ban was eight months ago. He also was sentenced to six months in jail and was out within a few days, literally.

If you never had a licence, and that didn't bother you, sure why would a ban have any effect?

LOL'd so hard at this, don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Because each time you get caught there is a bigger chance of going to jail. I presume you reported that guy to the Gardaí?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

SB2013 wrote: »
    Because each time you get caught there is a bigger chance of going to jail. I presume you reported that guy to the Gardaí?
    Whenever you presume, you err.. make a pres of you and me. And no-one likes presses... Except buttons.(Windy way of saying no-I lost my "Little gard" badge back in the eighties)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Scary thing is, once he's released in a couple of years there's no doubt he'll be back behind the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

We should deport him to Saudi Arabia.

He'd learn his lesson if he commited a crime out there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

OP playing 'find the link'?

Advertisement