Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does a non-resident need to open a BoI account in a branch in Ireland?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

I am resident in Germany. I would like to open a BoI current account the next time I'm back home in a couple of weeks by walking into a branch. What do I need to bring with me to open the account as a non-resident?

I assume passport but how do I prove my address in this case?

Any documentation like utility bills will be in German. Are these acceptable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi murphaph,

It is generally a requirement that you have a permanent Irish address to open an account with us. The decision to proceed with account opening for a non-resident would be at the discretion of the branch you contact. We wouldn't be able to give you a definitive list of what documents the branch would be willing to accept. We would suggest that you contact the branch that you would like to open an account with directly. You will also need to make an appointment to complete an account application form.

You can find the contact details of a branch in the area that you'll be visiting by cheking our Branch Locator, which can be found here.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement