Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIS Question

Options
  • 25-04-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the right forum for this ?

Experimenting with Windows 2000 Server at the moment and have come up against a wall with this one.

It's a standalone server with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and IIS running. The problem is with IIS set to it's just installed configuration and just an index.html file in the root of the web server.

Opening the browser (IE6) and entering the domain name (http://mydomain.com) works fine and displays the webpage. entering the IP address of the server also works as does the WINS name (PC-03-S1), all return the expected webpage. However entering 127.0.0.1 won't work !

I can ping "localhost" and it resolves to the servers IP and pings successfully. I can ping 127.0.0.1 and again it works fine as does pinging "mydomain.com" and PC-03-S1.

Can anyone suggest why this is ?

I'm just learning about Windows 2000 server and AD so go easy on me :)

Thanks.

Ken

Comments

Advertisement