Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones - €5.71 + Shipping [AmazonUK]

Options
  • 25-04-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Order them direct to Ireland £5 shipping = £9.82 (€11.65)
    Parcel Motel shipping €3.50 = (€9.20)
    Or order them with other items adding to over £25.

I think i'm going to order 2 pairs, one Cloth and one Rubber, as they seem to getting very good reviews everywhere, especially for that price.
    The majority of people seem to agree the sound is great out of them, but they're let down by their comfortability - or lack of, Some people saying they get a bit sore after long use, so it may be wise to also buy the FOAM TIPS for comfort.. - Also some people don't like the cloth cable, some saying the cloth cable is also bad for feedback/noise when it hits anything.

Apparently the white/pink rubber cords are better than the cloth ones for less tangling, and less noise from the cable.
    But that could be prevented doing THIS

I didn't mention comply foam tips as they're more than 3 times the price of the earphones

Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones - £4.82 (€5.71)
    41Yu8iiu7JL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Technical Details

• Driver Unit: 14.2 mm
    • Impedance: 32 ohms
    • Sensitivity: 96 +/- 3 dB / 1mW (S.P. L at 1 k Hz)
    • Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
    • Wire Length: 1225 mm (48")

Also, I just read, some people saying that the Black ones and the White ones are more comfortable in the ear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

Bought two pairs of these and am not very impressed. I got my son to check as well and he said the same....krap!

They look robust enough and the cord is covered with braid/cloth and has a quality feel. The bass is VERY POOR and the sound is quite tinny. Sound quality would be in the same ballpark as a pair I bought in the €2 shop. Standard iphone/Nokia earphones are way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

To throw in my 2c, I have had the opposite experience. Once a good seal is found, the sound is great (for the price) and comparable to $20 soundmagic or vsonic earphones. I did pick up mine at €3 or so though, so might be biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I have a pair of these for the past 3 weeks and would agree that the sound is quite good when they form a tight seal over the ear canal. However, they do tend to slip and I find I have to push them back in every few minutes.

They also accumulate a lot of ear wax!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Yep, bought this last time around (it was cheaper then if I remember correctly), and it's just meh. Sure it's better the white/blue el-cheapo outside-ear thingees that used to be common, but not as good as any 20 euro earphones. And the cable tangles up like crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

They sound pretty good but not the most comfortable once you get the placement right they sound great tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Got the black ones with the cloth cable - not impressed so far but the reviews say you need to change the tips. I've used the foam tips before on other earphones and found them great so I'm gonna get some and reserve final judgement til then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

the_pod wrote: »
    Got the black ones with the cloth cable - not impressed so far but the reviews say you need to change the tips. I've used the foam tips before on other earphones and found them great so I'm gonna get some and reserve final judgement til then

+1

Change the tips the stock ones on there are terriible unless your ears are grand Canyon sized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

very happy with mine.

played white noise thru them for 24 hours before using them and i was in no rush.

noise canceling works well, audio quality is very good from my zune hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

polaris68 wrote: »
    I have a pair of these for the past 3 weeks and would agree that the sound is quite good when they form a tight seal over the ear canal. However, they do tend to slip and I find I have to push them back in every few minutes.
    Are you sure you are not putting them in upside-down? The cable should be at the top of each ear.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement