Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Presentation

Options
  • 25-04-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Just wondering could anyone help me with this or show where I might find the information.

I've to do a 15 min presentation on the following tomorrow:

Can you advise what the 3 main differences are in accountancy between a publicly limited company and a private company and what is the most important thing that a company needs to look out for accountancy wise when moving from public to a private status”.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

1. The accounting standards they are required to follow when preparing the accounts
    2. Disclosures are more stringent for a Public Company
    3. Fillings are more onerous to the CRO, and a PLC will have to report to the stock exchange.

Not sure if these are the most important, but are the first three that came to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

smcgiff wrote: »
    1. The accounting standards they are required to follow when preparing the accounts
    2. Disclosures are more stringent for a Public Company
    3. Fillings are more onerous to the CRO, and a PLC will have to report to the stock exchange.

Not sure if these are the most important, but are the first three that came to mind.

Thanks very much on idea on the second part and where I might get some info on the three points you gave me.

Advertisement