Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Certificate in Computing in Information Technology Support

Options
  • 25-04-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,909 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks

Iv been looking for quite awhile for a good computer course and this one looks tempting

http://www.lyit.ie/courses/computing/lykitswclykitssc/

Im just wondering is their any LYIT students around that can share their thoughts on the course please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Looks pretty good. I did some of these modules last year, (software dev, database, comp systems) and they are fairly solid courses (especially liked software dev, even though it was by far the toughest). The rest of the courses seems geared toward IT support.

By the looks of it though, this is going to be a full-on course, with a lot of learning in a relatively short amount of time. I did the H.Dip in computing (similar, but less modules) last year, and there was a lot of work. Think the number of people that left that course was around 50%.

If you are going to apply, it might be a good idea to do a little study by yourself beforehand, to see if you like it, and to ease the learning curve. Let me know if you want any more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

I know this is an old thread at this stage but when I saw it and read both of your posts I had to reply. I was on the Springboard IT Support course for, wait for it....... 8 days and had to leave. Trouble with social welfare and had to de-register. The course I was on was full time, the only full time course Springboard offers and as far as I know, LYIT is the only college left in the country offering it.

This course is VERY tough. You will get it easy the first week, and then POW, it just goes into overdrive, starting the following week. You will also see half your class disappear in the first few weeks. Also, say goodbye to your girlfriend, partner, wife and children if you have any because you will be working 7 days a week. You want to go out on Friday night? You want to head off with your girlfriend, partner, wife and children for the weekend? Forget about it, you're not going anywhere, lol.

Advertisement