Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Studio for a good quality EP?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Heya folks,

Just on the lookout for any studios for our band to record our first EP in, any recommendations would be great!

We're not rich, not too poor either but the budget would be around 500 and we'd be delighted with 4 tracks, but can settle for 3.

Any help, we're in the Dublin/Kildare area!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 flinch2013

sent you PM

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Druids IRB

Beechpark studios rathcoole is unreal for quality. The main man Dairie is possible one of the best for mastering in Ireland and he has a broad range of music.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Minutes Recording studio in Inchicore . We just finished up recording our EP there few weeks ago , you will get some great sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 19 POTA

Some great recommendations here everyone, keep em coming, we're checking out as many places as possible!

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NewNo2

Whats the band name?

Have you a link to any previous recordings or videos even?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 POTA

NewNo2 wrote: »
    Whats the band name?

Have you a link to any previous recordings or videos even?

https://soundcloud.com/potaofficial

Parade of the Almost is the name, we recorded some demo tracks in Elektra, they're very rough though with not too much mixing on them, you'll see three up there on the soundcloud link.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Daycentbill

this guy is really good https://www.facebook.com/StormStudioDublin?fref=ts and great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I recorded 6 tracks in 3 days in The Hive in Kilcoole last Summer. Whole thing (plus mixing & mastering) cost €320 and sounds great. And tbh, it only took that amount of time cos we had 8 instruments and 3 vocals. If you're a guitar, bass, drums, vocals band, you'll easily do it in a day and a half out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Guitara

I recorded 6 tracks in 3 days in The Hive in Kilcoole last Summer. Whole thing (plus mixing & mastering) cost €320 and sounds great. And tbh, it only took that amount of time cos we had 8 instruments and 3 vocals. If you're a guitar, bass, drums, vocals band, you'll easily do it in a day and a half out there.

Do they have a website? :O and do you have any if the recordings done there? My band are looking for a place too :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Guitara wrote: »
    Do they have a website? :O and do you have any if the recordings done there? My band are looking for a place too :L

They've got a facebook, I know that much. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hive-Studios/121261691217602?fref=ts

Here's one of the tracks I recorded. I'm booked in again for the end of June and can't wait. Another good thing is that, they charge by the hour so if you get done 2 hours early, you're not still paying for the whole day. You just pay for what you've done.

Advertisement