Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA getting paid for trail work. Advise needed

Options
  • 25-04-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

looking for some advice for my bro. He's a chief and currently on JSA. He has done a day trail as part of his interview process to show he can cook etc and the employer paid him for the day. He then got a letter in the door saying the revenue commissioner has notified the department of social protection that he is working and receiving a pension from said employer. The thing is, he is not employed, he just went for a day trail. What should he do? Is it best to send an explanation letter along with the form they asked him to fill in explaining his situation. He has to do trials to get a job, so does he have to notify the Social Welfare every time he's paid for a trail until he gets a job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Ant11 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

looking for some advice for my bro. He's a chief and currently on JSA. He has done a day trail as part of his interview process to show he can cook etc and the employer paid him for the day. He then got a letter in the door saying the revenue commissioner has notified the department of social protection that he is working and receiving a pension from said employer. The thing is, he is not employed, he just went for a day trail. What should he do? Is it best to send an explanation letter along with the form they asked him to fill in explaining his situation. He has to do trials to get a job, so does he have to notify the Social Welfare every time he's paid for a trail until he gets a job?

Yes, any change in circumstances however temporary must be notified to the department. I would even notify them of any unpaid trial that he intends doing and get permission up front for this if allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Cheers appreciate it.

Advertisement