Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused supplementary allowance

Options
  • 25-04-2013 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I'm waiting for disability allowance to be granted, (kidney failure), the office in Longford is currently dealing with claims from August 2012, so I have to wait.

Welfare officer refused any payment because partner brings home €520 per week, no children, but mortgage etc,

Any advise on what to do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

DA is means tested, a rough look at your means based on weekly income of €520 would give a payment of €60 or thereabouts.Your CWO may not think you are in need.you could appeal the decision

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/social_welfare_appeals.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Worple

Thank you for the info, since being diagnosed with cancer in my one remaining kidney in January, this has been a complete nightmare, the whole system is so screwed up its beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

If your weekly income is 520. A couple on social welfare receives 312.80 so you are already earning over that amount. That would be why you were refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Worple

maryk123 wrote: »
    If your weekly income is 520. A couple on social welfare receives 312.80 so you are already earning over that amount. That would be why you were refused.

If I was told that back in Januarary by Social welfare , and they were more informative, a lot of stress and pain could of been avoided. Sitting in a welfare office with a 14" wound in my side for 3 hours was no fun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

maryk123 wrote: »

See here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/means_test_for_social_welfare_payments/work_and_jobseekers_allowance.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I actually meant this for supplementary welfare allowance and that was why the welfare office more than likely refused as you were over the supplementary welfare limit that was what the original post was about.

Advertisement