Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti virus + firewall combos

Options
  • 25-04-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know what setting(s) or instructions one should use to make the following Avast Free Anti virus, Comodo firewall work successfully, on a Windows 7 PC using Google Chrome browser?

I installed comodo there recently and my PC which is an i7 (sandbridge)processor with 8GB began to run extremely slow, for decent specs. Didnt have this problem before I installed it. Apparantely, they can run well together but I couldnt get them to.

Any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you disabled the anti virus in Commodo? If both it an Avast are running (or any two AV's) they will conflict and bring the machine to a halt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

FSL wrote: »
    Have you disabled the anti virus in Commodo? If both it an Avast are running (or any two AV's) they will conflict and bring the machine to a halt.

I just downloaded comodo thinking it offered a good firewall. I guess i didnt disable the AV in comodo? Is that setting east to find? Does Avast have its own firewall too? Would there be three conflicting firewalls with Windows, Avast and Comodo running at the same time?

Advertisement