Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you collect? Collection Goals?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I just won a bid on ebay for 42 issues of the UK Fantastic Four Adventures comic.

I used to collect all the Marvel UK collectors editions, then stopped for over 10 years. I've recently decided to get back into that and collect the set.

They have no real value as a collector's item, it's just something I would like to have, so my goal has been to collect all of the various Marvel and DC UK collector edition comics to date. No small feat, but a doable goal in the long run, as long as my very patient wife remains very patient!

Long term I would love to get a complete set of the UK Transformers comics, and spiderman and zoids.

I also recently purchased the avengers cinematic universe box set, which coincidentally is going much cheaper on the american amazon than over here ($149 dollars): http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366897057&sr=8-1&keywords=avengers+cinematic+universe

It just got me wondering, do any of you have specific comic sets you collect? Comics only or toys also? Any niche collections out there? Mega collections?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I'm trying to get all of Spider-Man 2099 and Ultimate Spider-Man as well as just collecting normally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Thwip! wrote: »
    I'm trying to get all of Spider-Man 2099 and Ultimate Spider-Man as well as just collecting normally

In have all of the Bendis/ Bagley Spidy run but stopped after "Ultimatum." I came back on for "Dearth of Ultimate Spdiy" and not I peridocally buy them digitally.

My collection of USM is quite sparse...I pick up the back issues as I find them and recently a friend sent me issue #2 of vol 1 for free in NM- condition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I collect the original Uncanny X-men series and have the the complete run from about issues 130 - 544 with about 40 or so issues between issues 11 and 130. I started reading it in 1995 when I was 10, issue 329 : Warriors of the Ebon Night was the first issue I bought and I collected for a while after that until my local newsages didnt get them any more :(

I started getting the UK collectors editions a while after that but quit after a few years.

About a year ago I started buying lots of Uncanny X-men off ebay and am hoping to complete the entire run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Buy TPBs of series that I like. I've got quite a few so far:

The Walking Dead
    Y the Last Man
    Sin City
    Ex Machina
    The Boys
    Chew
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Top Ten

Going to start buying up Lone Wolf and Cub books next I think. Have to make a lot of room on the shelf for those!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Nice stuff guys, glad to hear other people set collection goals for themselves.

I got another 100 issues on ebay off the same seller,a complete run of Avengers United, the guy did me a deal and sold the lot for £95 all in including postage, delighted, 142 issues for about 80c each! That's made a nice dent in my missing issues. No more excess issue buying (i.e. no adverts.ie, ebid or ebay) for a few months now until I get through these :)

Dayum, link me to the seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

rgiller wrote: »
    Going to start buying up Lone Wolf and Cub books next I think. Have to make a lot of room on the shelf for those!

Dark Horse is releasing them in Omnibus format soon.

Speaking of which:

My collecting habits are fairly pedestrian. Ideally want to get all of the Marvel Essentials and DH Omnibuseseses eventually. Specifically bought the Buffy DVDs for when I got around to collecting the Omnibus editions. I'm a trade waiter so they're a practical way of getting more for less. But I don't know if I'm anal enough to get the ones which are 100% material I already own eg. Lone Wolf 2100. ;)

I usually just start with a trade then move up the volume numbers with the occasional detour such as skipping over Spider-Man books to get to the Fantastic Four arcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I collect Marvel Legends figures and stuff have a nice stack of Trades at the moment too working my way onto getting all the Walking Dead ones up to 12 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

I collect Marvel Legends figures and stuff have a nice stack of Trades at the moment too working my way onto getting all the Walking Dead ones up to 12 at the moment
    Nice, I have had a hankering to get into figure collecting for a while now. I used to collect the zoids toys, remember them? Very cool! But storing them is a problem and it's frankly easier to stick with comics for the mo.

When I finally convert my attic into a lads pad though, then all bets are off!

• Advertisement

I've really started to get into figure collecting of late. Especially the Spidey figs. Collecting three and one Nightcrawler this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I just collect whatever current comics I enjoy which still has me buying 5/6 comics a week. Haven't bothered with runs of single comics from before I started buying apart from the full set of DMZ and the incredible New Avengers run into Civil War.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 toallthose

It thing I really want to collect is Hellbalzer. Missing bit of the middle of Paul Jenkins run. Few odd issues here and there. Even have the spin off books other then Papa Midnite.

Advertisement