Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coaching for adult beginners

Options
  • 25-04-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi
    would anyone have any advice on cricket coaching for adult beginners. have been a fan of the sport of nearly 10 years but have never picked up a bat before. i live in the centre of dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

rocco88 wrote: »
    hi
    would anyone have any advice on cricket coaching for adult beginners. have been a fan of the sport of nearly 10 years but have never picked up a bat before. i live in the centre of dublin

Get yourself to a club, preferably one with a coaching structure. You can learn the basics that way, and if you feel it's necessary you can always get extra coaching sessions for a fee.

Clubs near the city centre include Phoenix and Civil Service (in the Phoenix park), Leinster in Rathmines, Terenure in Terenure, Merrion in Donnybrook and several clubs in Sandymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snap Happy

Hey rocco88,

Just seeing this now.

But if you haven't got yourself a club yet, why not come to Phoenix.
    We always have room for more players.

I joined the ladies last summer (never played before), having a ball and learning loads.

http://phoenixcricketclub.com/
    &
    https://www.facebook.com/phoenixcricketclubireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Snap_Happy, please don't dig up old threads like this - your post in Pimp your Club will suffice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement