Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The high street takeaway dog/cat/pigeon myth

Options
  • 25-04-2013 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

On a bit of an urban myth roll with my threads, this is another one I've always called B.S on, surely if you're the proprietor of an Indian / Chinese / Pizza takeaway or restaurant it's less hassle just to get the bloody chicken,beef or pork from the wholesalers than twat about in the alley out the back of the shop waiting for a passing domestic animal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

You don't wait on them, you lay traps and pay off the local animal pound. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

dd972 wrote: »
    On a bit of an urban myth roll with my threads, this is another one I've always called B.S on, surely if you're the proprietor of an Indian / Chinese / Pizza takeaway or restaurant it's less hassle just to get the bloody chicken,beef or pork from the wholesalers than twat about in the alley out the back of the shop waiting for a passing domestic animal.

Tesco do it...why can't the local Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You know you're in trouble when the cat you ordered tastes like dog.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think there was one instance of it happening in England, possibly somewhere around London. Due to the affectiveness of stereotyping, it was concluded that they're all at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

dont forget seagull in the chicken curry
    that said some of them are huge, good eating there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

lolz, back home,. We ordered a chinese, there were two dogs outside, after collecting the food and coming back out, my da still swears that one of the dogs were "killed", and refused to eat ~rolls eyes~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Couldn't care less if they use orphan babies in my curry as long as it tastes good after 10 pints and it doesn't kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There's a local chipper around my way that puts children in the burgers if they're bold and don't eat their veg or do their homework.

Or at least that's what my gran used to say.

She was always eating burgers from that chipper.

Cannibal Gran we used to call her. Loveable auld Cannibal Gran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I had some weird looking meat when I was in China

It was some sort of noodle and egg type dish that I stupidly ordered from the side of the road. As I worked my way through it, there were all sorts of bits in there...a claw, a wing and a nice grizzly looking head.

Turned to my Chinese friend to ask her what the story was with this interesting delight..........turns out it was a pigeon.

Yum.

Pigeon is served in loads of restaurants in Ireland.

Just not mucky, disease-ridden street pigeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

dog,cat pigeon is the House Special.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

When did towns in Ireland start to get high streets? :confused: Total Brit phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

heard a bloke in navan got a chinese meal and found a microchip in it. Brought it to the vet and vet confirmed it would have been in a dog, place got shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jester144

Talking of urban myths - has anyone heard the one about the fellas who worked nights in a supermarket, in the bakery and errr passed the time by seeing how many ring donuts they could get on the end of their thingy. I know it's not cat/dog/pigeon but it is kind of meat related.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

heard of a place slicing tinned dogfood and selling as a bun burger

Jester144 wrote: »
    Talking of urban myths - has anyone heard the one about the fellas who worked nights in a supermarket, in the bakery and errr passed the time by seeing how many ring donuts they could get on the end of their thingy. I know it's not cat/dog/pigeon but it is kind of meat related.......

I know a guy who used to work in a chipper in the 90's and one New Year's Eve himself and his co-workers played a game which involved putting their mickeys into snack boxes and then serving them to customers.

I'm not sure why you'd want to shove your todger into a box of hot fried chicken and chips but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

They got some pretty funky food items back in the old country..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGTIs9fvkUA

It's not much of a stretch to hint that something other than chicken gets into your chow mein. If it happens here or in the uk all that often is anyone's guess.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/cats-china-truck-754909-Jan2013/

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I know a guy who used to work in a chipper in the 90's and one New Year's Eve himself and his co-workers played a game which involved putting their mickeys into snack boxes and then serving them to customers.

I'm not sure why you'd want to shove your todger into a box of hot fried chicken and chips but there you go.

Ewwww......like that joke.....what do women and KFC have in common...lol!!!!

Ewwww......like that joke.....what do women and KFC have in common...lol!!!!

They're both found at the top of the Jervis Shopping Centre? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

A place i moved to about 17 years ago their was a Chinese take away. A lot of dogs and cats were going missing they were all found skinned and **** in the take away and it got closed down was in the local in the paper and everything.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They're both found at the top of the Jervis Shopping Centre? :confused:

Am I allowed to tell a rude joke on here, only I got a warning because I placed a post in the wrong place because I did not read the charter, and I don't want another one!

It's rude and sexist (I was just reminded of it by the snack box).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Am I allowed to tell a rude joke on here, only I got a warning because I placed a post in the wrong place because I did not read the charter, and I don't want another one!

It's rude and sexist (I was just reminded of it by the snack box).

If its rude and sexist then this is the correct forum for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

I believe they use greyhound as their meat is leaner.

Q: What does a Kentucky Fried Chicken and a woman have in common?

A: If you take away the legs and the breast you're left with a smelly greasy box.

Not sure this was actually worth waiting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Not sure this was actually worth waiting for.

No it wasn't. And if your vagina is greasy or smelly then you have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Zebra3 wrote: »
    When did towns in Ireland start to get high streets? :confused: Total Brit phrase.

OK, Sraid or Bothar then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

You worried about dog, cat, or pigeon in your food when you've seriously been chomping away at horse?

Anyway, I haven't had it, but I know plenty of people who have had dog or puppy. Dogs are considered to be a delicacy in Asian cultures; we aren't talking about mangy, scrawny dogs that are diseased with tough meat. They grow dogs to be used for consumption, so no, I don't believe that myth.

As for puppy, several American Indian tribes have traditional meals that feature puppy; again, we are talking about plump, young dogs that are not diseased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Zebra3 wrote: »

Dublin has a High St...so has Cork, Kilkenny, Balbriggan, Tullamore, Waterford...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Probably wouldn't eat a cat
    Defo not a dog
    Pigeon is beautiful and I think it's a lot better than chicken but not as nice as duck

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

You worried about dog, cat, or pigeon in your food when you've seriously been chomping away at horse?

9 out of 10 Chine restaurants use that argument to justify putting cat and dog meant in their food. In China nothing is wasted...not even dead pets.

Advertisement