Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAXI 35/80 Hot Water Issue

Options
  • 25-04-2013 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for help on this issue. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Recently moved into rented 2 storey terraced house with Gas heating. Gas heating works great but as it is getting warmer we don't really need it, however we cannot heat the water for showers etc withour putting on the heating. The Last picture shows the switches on boiler itself. There is an option for water only but that doesn't seem to work. I have looked up the manual online and that indicates that there should be an additional dial for water heating.

The first three pictures are of the hot tank system under the stairs. The switches on the tank seem to have no effect. I assumed that the switch in the third picture was an immersion switch based off the electricity but having tried that it doesn't heat the water. It only works if the Heating is switched on. The second to last picture is of the switches in the ultility for switching the heating on/off upstairs and downstairs. I thought I was smart by switching those off so it will only heat the tank but it heats upstairs regardless.

I am at a loss here and embarrassed that I can't figure this out. Rang landlord and he hasn't a clue which is great. Ideally best thing would be to get a service check and get someone out and ask them but can't afford it. Which is also why I am worried about the big gas bill that may result from this.

Any advice on this? What am I doing wrong/missing here? Please Help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

missmaw wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for help on this issue. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Recently moved into rented 2 storey terraced house with Gas heating. Gas heating works great but as it is getting warmer we don't really need it, however we cannot heat the water for showers etc withour putting on the heating. The Last picture shows the switches on boiler itself. There is an option for water only but that doesn't seem to work. I have looked up the manual online and that indicates that there should be an additional dial for water heating.

The first three pictures are of the hot tank system under the stairs. The switches on the tank seem to have no effect. I assumed that the switch in the third picture was an immersion switch based off the electricity but having tried that it doesn't heat the water. It only works if the Heating is switched on. The second to last picture is of the switches in the ultility for switching the heating on/off upstairs and downstairs. I thought I was smart by switching those off so it will only heat the tank but it heats upstairs regardless.

I am at a loss here and embarrassed that I can't figure this out. Rang landlord and he hasn't a clue which is great. Ideally best thing would be to get a service check and get someone out and ask them but can't afford it. Which is also why I am worried about the big gas bill that may result from this.

Any advice on this? What am I doing wrong/missing here? Please Help!!!

If you leave the switches in pic 5 in the off posisition and just use your gas as norm this should heat water only.The switch on the boiler does nothing as its a standard template that covers combi boilers also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

I hope don't get shot by the posey for answering however

the 2 gang switch in picture 4. turning both switches off. will turn off upstairs and downstairs heating circuit and will allow the boiler just heat the hot water cylinder. try the other post option first. if that don't work this will. lets know how you get on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

sorry just noticed you state upstairs heats regardless of that 2 gang switch. you more than likly have a faulty motorized valve. turn off all the rads upstairs. that will sort it. till you get the motorised valve sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭missmaw

Thank you both for the help!

Advertisement