Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOODIES 20% OFF EVERYTHING

Options
  • 25-04-2013 9:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3

Seen this advert this morning from a friend in Woodies 20% off everything this Friday the 26th (this includes already discounted items!!!! :D) Plus the have doorbusters one per customer that Patio Set looks Superb Value!!!

I am only new but I had to share this!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Even though you're an Arsenal fan I'll give you thumbs up :)

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

JUST AN FYI ON THIS!!!!

It's 20% off NEARLY everything.

Lawnmowers, Powertools and Showers are 10% off NOT 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

With respect to the OP, the title of the thread is rubbish. Its not even close to everything. According to Woodies its "nearly everything" except of course the list of items at the bottom of the page which are 10% off, and of course the undiscounted items not mentioned. So not "nearly everything" at all. And certainly not "everything".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 arsenalfan1986

ballooba wrote: »
    With respect to the OP, the title of the thread is rubbish. Its not even close to everything. According to Woodies its "nearly everything" except of course the list of items at the bottom of the page which are 10% off, and of course the undiscounted items not mentioned. So not "nearly everything" at all. And certainly not "everything".

Stop being so negative, I just found out that its 20% is on top of existing offers, I was meant to get Panel Fencing last weekend thats reduced €34.99 to €24.99 and when I go in tomorrow I'll be able to get them for €19.99!!! Fair Enough its 10% off somethings but on that fencing alone I am going to save an additional €45 - Thats a right few pints after!!!

And the thread is Bargin Alert... I'm New.... And thought it was a bargain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

ballooba wrote: »

Dead right.

I tried to buy a cash register and they wouldn't sell it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

with the money in it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

OP, you'll have to excuse Boardies scepticism when it comes to Woodies "offers", we've been seriously pissed off in the past. For instance, will this apply to 3 for 2 offers, bathrooms etc.?
    Exclusions include "certain lines", this could apply to anything so until they're more open in their advertising, I won't be rushing to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Stop being so negative,
    And the thread is Bargin Alert... I'm New.... And thought it was a bargain!!!
    The thread title is...
    WOODIES 20% OFF EVERYTHING
    Its incorrect. The End.

bmaxi wrote: »
    OP, you'll have to excuse Boardies scepticism when it comes to Woodies "offers", we've been seriously pissed off in the past. For instance, will this apply to 3 for 2 offers, bathrooms etc.?
    Exclusions include "certain lines", this could apply to anything so until they're more open in their advertising, I won't be rushing to the door.

why not read the flyer????? :confused:

It says including already discounted items.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 arsenalfan1986

Yeah thats a good point, I just checked that there now, and yeah the 20% comes off!!!

Bargain!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Thanks OP , much pick up some lawn fertilizer and fence paint , this will save me a few quid Friday evening

why not read the flyer????? :confused:

It says including already discounted items.

Buy two get one free is not a discounted offer it's a bulk buy offer, i.e. if you only buy one it's full price. A discounted offer would be on any amount.
    It's conceivable that 3 for 2 could be included in "certain lines"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Seen this advert this morning from a friend in Woodies 20% off everything this Friday the 26th (this includes already discounted items!!!! :D) Plus the have doorbusters one per customer that Patio Set looks Superb Value!!!

I am only new but I had to share this!!!

Fair play to you for posting this.

You are new,but yet you found the time to post this and alert others to a potential bargain or 3.

Good on you for posting the pic too.:)

Oh and wellcome to boards...dont mind all the nay-sayers.

Theres lots of them here.....:pac::pac:

paddy147 wrote: »
    Fair play to you for posting this.

You are new,but yet you found the time to post this and alert others to a potential bargain or 3.

Good on you for posting the pic too.:)

Oh and wellcome to boards...dont mind all the nay-sayers.

Theres lots of them here....:pac::pac::pac::D

considering he's got himself banned i think he'll be one of the naysayers!! :pac:

considering he's got himself banned i think he'll be one of the naysayers!! :pac:

Ah well...hopefully he or she enjoyed it while it lasted...:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don't know what he's done to get banned?!?!

Soarer wrote: »

Maybe the Mod's a Chelsea fan. :)

Maybe the Mod's a Chelsea fan. :)

Could be worse......could be Liverpool.

Plenty to "sink yer teath" into there.:pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Soarer wrote: »

Looks like he was a shill,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Thanks op, got my patio set in tallaght this morning! Delighted!

• Advertisement

skibum wrote: »

Only a woman could consider that worse than being an Arsenal fan. :)
    Some good might have come of it though, maybe he'll go back and tell his employers that Woodies' offers are generally considered to be shyte by Boardies.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Getting back on the subject:

Woodies are selling some bedding plants for 1/2 price at the moment. They are also applying the 20% discount to these.

For example: A tray of 6 Marigolds - was €3.49. Now €1.69 less 20% discount works out at €1.36 each.

Got a great boot load of flowers for €11.50

siber wrote: »
    Getting back on the subject:

Woodies are selling some bedding plants for 1/2 price at the moment. They are also applying the 20% discount to these.

For example: A tray of 6 Marigolds - was €3.49. Now €1.69 less 20% discount works out at €1.36 each.

Got a great boot load of flowers for €11.50

On a slight side note....this 6 piece patio set is 50 euro cheaper in Aldi.70 euro and a 3 year warranty too.

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_26861.htm

Its 120 euro in Woodies,and thats even a "sale price".:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

That 6 piece set has foldable chairs that look more like deck chairs though, the one in woodies look a lot more solid.
    There are some differences, worth the extra money? I'd say so.

Woodies
    1 x 100cm dia. Round Glass Table (Height 70cm)
    4 x Black Textoline Chairs (Height to Back of Chair: 83cm)
    1 x 2.5m Cranked Parasol

Aldi
    80cm Glass Table with toughened glass
    4 x Textoline Chairs (53 x 58 x 76cm)
    180cm Parasol

Do Woodies have 20% off on all paints,or is just the selected paints in that flyer??

Thanks.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Do Woodies have 20% off on all paints,or is just the selected paints in that flyer??

Thanks.

Everything till 10 tonight.

Everything till 10 tonight.

Sweet...might go and get some owatrol oil there so.

Thanks.:)

In fairness to Woodies they sell the Owatrol Oil for a good price,17 euro.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Owatrol-Oil-Paint-Conditioner-and-Rust-Inhibitor-500ml/11114/1.1.10.3

Then take 20% off the price,so its even better.:D

Crown Trade Paint Centre want 21 euro for that same size tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MB05

I was up in the Malahide Road Woodies a couple of hours ago and there are still some 'Doorbusters' left. I didn't think there would be but I asked at Customer Services and they basically asked which one was I interested in.

There was lots of the different paints left, some lawnmowers, BBQ's, Evergreen etc.

Also good deal on the Crown coloured emulsions. 2*2.5L or 1*5L mid sheen or matt for €25. With 20% off today that works out at €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

That 6 piece set has foldable chairs that look more like deck chairs though, the one in woodies look a lot more solid.
    There are some differences, worth the extra money? I'd say so.

Woodies
    1 x 100cm dia. Round Glass Table (Height 70cm)
    4 x Black Textoline Chairs (Height to Back of Chair: 83cm)
    1 x 2.5m Cranked Parasol

Aldi
    80cm Glass Table with toughened glass
    4 x Textoline Chairs (53 x 58 x 76cm)
    180cm Parasol

Have to agree - was happy to spend the extra few quid for more solid chairs! That set in aldi is not really comparable. Fine if you want folding chairs but not for me

Advertisement