Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalidity pension wait time

Options
  • 25-04-2013 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety for the last 3 years I have been on illness benefit for 2 years which ran out in jan I did not know I should of applied for invalidity pension before it run out so here I am now completely at an all time low no money and the stress of waiting on an answer I applied in feb I have been to my community welfare officer but as my husband is working full time they won't give me a payment I know my husband is working and I should be thankful but we have a huge mortage and 2 kids along with all the other bills we are drowning in debt this week we don't even have enough for a grocery shop I sometimes feel what's the point anymore I've contacted my local td who says they have passed on my details to the minister I've phoned the invalidity section and they said my file is with the medical assessor and that they are only dealing with Septembers applications I don't know if I could wait another 6 months only prob to be turned down I've heard they turn everyone down first time does anyone have any advice I'm at my witts end thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Unfortunatley the backlog they have is very real and the only way to work through them is in date order. They don't turn everyone down first time, there would be absolutely no point in that.

Would it be worth going to the CWO again with proof that your husbands wages just arent covering things and proof of your debt? Have you applied for FIS? http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/275_Family-Income-Supplement.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 buttonface

Yenwod wrote: »
    Unfortunatley the backlog they have is very real and the only way to work through them is in date order. They don't turn everyone down first time, there would be absolutely no point in that.

Would it be worth going to the CWO again with proof that your husbands wages just arent covering things and proof of your debt? Have you applied for FIS? http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/275_Family-Income-Supplement.aspx

Hi thanks for the reply we applied for fis but my husband is earning €10 to much a month so we can't get that either I've been up to the Cwo about 3 times they said their hands are tied to go to mabs which I have done we have restructured loans are mortage and still we have a deficit of €700 every month I don't know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

What did Mabs say.

Can you cut out anything, like tv subscription and get Free to Air tele, credit card, car etc

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

buttonface wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the reply we applied for fis but my husband is earning €10 to much a month so we can't get that either I've been up to the Cwo about 3 times they said their hands are tied to go to mabs which I have done we have restructured loans are mortage and still we have a deficit of €700 every month I don't know what to do

Very frustrating that you're just outside those limits. Hopefully the TD will get it pushed through faster although really he'll just be writing a letter to the minister whose secretary will write to the Inv Pen section... I'd suggest being a thorn in his side until you get your answer.

I'm sure you have tried but as danjo-xx, is there anything you can think of to cut out...even on the short term until you get an answer?

danjo-xx wrote: »
    What did Mabs say.

Can you cut out anything, like tv subscription and get Free to Air tele, credit card, car etc

Mabs advised us to hand back our car to the bank we did but still owe them €4000 in arrears we are paying bare minimum on our credit card we got rid of our Internet at home and we took our little girl out of dancing and our youngest just goes to Playschool 1 day a week now instead of 2 all this and we still can't make ends meet it's a daily worry

• Advertisement

Yenwod wrote: »
    Very frustrating that you're just outside those limits. Hopefully the TD will get it pushed through faster although really he'll just be writing a letter to the minister whose secretary will write to the Inv Pen section... I'd suggest being a thorn in his side until you get your answer.

I'm sure you have tried but as danjo-xx, is there anything you can think of to cut out...even on the short term until you get an answer?

I received an email today from minister Joan burton to say she has looked into my application is currently waiting to be looked at by the medical assessor that if I don't hear anything by the end of may to get back to my td This information is nothing I don't know already I having been ringing invalidity pensions section twice a week to see if there's any change and they gave me this information over the phone so maybe I'm getting my hopes up that the td will help me

Advertisement