Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole/finishing course?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi!
    I started a fetac 5 HCA course last September, I was on the dole when I started and since then FAS have made the payment. I will be finished the course on June 7th. Last October I got part time weekend work which didn't affect my payment as long as it was outside course hours. Here's the question, when I finish the course does payment automatically go back to social? And can I still claim while working part time? Sun 3-7, sat 12-6, sun 12-5 total 14.5hrs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

icathal wrote: »
    Hi!
    I started a fetac 5 HCA course last September, I was on the dole when I started and since then FAS have made the payment. I will be finished the course on June 7th. Last October I got part time weekend work which didn't affect my payment as long as it was outside course hours. Here's the question, when I finish the course does payment automatically go back to social? And can I still claim while working part time? Sun 3-7, sat 12-6, sun 12-5 total 14.5hrs

It doesnt go back automatically you have to make a repeat claim and yes you can still claim while working part-time. If its jobseekers allowance then any earnings will be assessed as means.

Advertisement