Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential law student: accommodation advice

Options
  • 24-04-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Is there any such thing as reasonably priced accommodation near DCU? I am on Back to Education Allowance and anything over 100e is just too much to pay. I have also looked in to the possibility of travelling up and down. Can anyone help?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Transition Metal

Firstly, best of luck with law. It's an incredibly rewarding degree to do, and very enjoyable for the right person. :)

As for accomodation, Gateway near DCU offers a single room for €99 a month. It's just down the road in Ballymun, above the Garda station. If you're looking for four walls, a roof and a bed, it'd do the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

^ I could have sworn that sign actualy read "99 a week"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Noodleworm wrote: »
    ^ I could have sworn that sign actualy read "99 a week"?

Yup, this poster is correct! 99e a month - you'd barely get a box on the street for that!

OP - cheapest option would be a house share in the vicinity. I live in a house in Drumcondra, a 10min bus journey to DCU that works out very cheap. I share a room with my boyfriend so my rent is cheaper than usual but the single rooms in our house are only 300 euro per month. There's tons of houses available in areas surrounding DCU for decent prices so I'd advise either trying to find someone to live with or else looking on daft for single rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Transition Metal

Whoops, sorry lads! €99 a week is right. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34 zoeenya

Thank you guys, yes, 99 a month would be dreamy!! So, looking for a room on daft say, when do people start advertising their rooms for rent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭megan2013

I think the 99 Euro per month includes all your bills though. So check that before you go with a normal rent plus bills (electricity, gas and internet)...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

Shanowen Hall or Square would be out of your price range.

My friend (also on the back to school allowance), stayed in a house in Shanowen Crescent which is just across from shanowen hall. he paid 80e per week including bills and the college is only 5 minutes walk from there. . Other than that you have gateway but the walk is longer to the college and some of my friends in gateway used hate it! Especially with law, seen as we have so little lecture hours, having to walk the whole way down for the sake of an hour and back up may not seem worthwhile.. So perhaps living around shanowen would be more convenient for you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

megan2013 wrote: »
    I think the 99 Euro per month includes all your bills though. So check that before you go with a normal rent plus bills (electricity, gas and internet)...

Nope, bills are €15 a week and are taken out of your deposit, stayed there last year.

Advertisement