Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analysis of the Worlds so far

Options
  • 24-04-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Who has impressed everyone so far and who hasnt impressed at all. Would like to hear a few opinions on both sides.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Saw a reasonable amount of coverage and one who stood out for me is Trump. Clear evidence there that his safety has improved and has a greater willingness to sit and wait for his opportunities now rather than attack, attack, attack all the time. Makes him a dangerous opponent imo. Dale actually played well against him.
    Have backed Ronnie & happy enough, but he has tough games all the way to the final. Ding on the other side looks a good bet to make the last two, though. I think he'll take Selby and whoever makes it out from the other quarter. Right now I'll be brave and call a Ding-Trump final, would be very happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Trump and Ronnie have looked the best. Its a pity they wont be able to meet in the final though. If i was a betting man id put money on a Selby vs Ronnie/Trump final

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Trump, Walden and Fu have all looked great so far. Selby looked shaky at times but he normally improves as the tournament goes on. If I were a betting man... Trump probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bigmac147

I'd be surprised if it's not Ronnie/trump in the top half semi and although I'd love to see Ronnie in the final I can see trump beating him, they were practice partners at one stage don't forget. I think milkins and hopefully ding in the bottom half with ding finally having a good run at the crucible and making it to the final. I say hopefully as I can't stand Selby he's the biggest grinder of all time and although winning regularly, he's the current uk and masters title holder his break building has completely tailed off in the last few years imo. His safety game is terrific but I've often seen him turn down quite easy potting opportunities to play another safety horrible to watch. Then again the game is called 'snooker' haha . I'm loving it enjoy the rest of the tournament

Advertisement