Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in the UK??

Options
  • 24-04-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey all, I've been offered a place in Heriot-Watt Uni and Napier Uni, both in Edinburgh Scotland, for a 4 year BSc in Psychology starting this September. I'm thrilled but I'm a bit apprehensive about it. For a start I don't know which one to pick? Has anyone got any first hand experience in either of these universities they could share with me to help me decide?! :)

I'm from Ireland and I hope to go over and see both in the coming weeks but that won't give me a first hand student perspective of what it's like!! Stuff like campus size, what's the nightlife like in Edinburgh (I've never been to the UK), are the lecturers good? student satisfaction levels etc? Like were you glad you went? I don't know anyone over there either and I'm finding it a tough decision :(

I'm not really a home bird like I should be grand moving over I just don't know what to do like I feel it's a big decision when it's gonna be 4 years of my life so all comments are welcome about either university!!

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I went to uni in the north of England, I can't comment on either of those colleges, but Edinburgh is a really nice city. If you do go, try and get into the halls of residence, Uni's normally offer the rooms to those from other countries, but often on a first come first served basis. If you don't know anyone in Edinburgh, it's a great way to get to know people as you'll be placed in a room in a flat with 4 or 5 other people, and it's a pretty good environment. Also the student union is normally located near to the halls of residence, so you'll get to know people. At the end of the day most people in the UK/Ireland are moving away from home to go to study, so everyone's in the same boat!

Advertisement