Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to tell my SW Office.

Options
  • 24-04-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when to tell the SW office closest to me that I am pregnant. According to the website as long as I have been actively seeking employment (which I have been) I am still entitled to my JSA and that I don't have to sign on the month before the baby is born and 2 months after, but it never says when to tell them. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and my next sign on day is next Tuesday, do I tell them then.

Also do I have to go to a particular hatch or can I just tell the person at the window I sign on at.

Thank you for all help and sorry to be annoying people with a silly question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me when to tell the SW office closest to me that I am pregnant. According to the website as long as I have been actively seeking employment (which I have been) I am still entitled to my JSA and that I don't have to sign on the month before the baby is born and 2 months after, but it never says when to tell them. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and my next sign on day is next Tuesday, do I tell them then.

Also do I have to go to a particular hatch or can I just tell the person at the window I sign on at.

Thank you for all help and sorry to be annoying people with a silly question.

It differs from office to office depending on the size of the office as to whether you have to go to a different hatch. What you need is if I remember correctly UP22 form where you give your EDD and your bank details. You will be notified in the post for what period you money will be put in the bank and also when your sign on date will be after delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

eastbono wrote: »
    It differs from office to office depending on the size of the office as to whether you have to go to a different hatch. What you need is if I remember correctly UP22 form where you give your EDD and your bank details. You will be notified in the post for what period you money will be put in the bank and also when your sign on date will be after delivery.

Okay, I feel really stupid, can I ask what's a UP22 form and where can I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Sorry when you next sign on ask them for a form for excluding you from signing for the 4 weeks before and 8 weeks after (UP22 as far as I remember) this form also gives you the option to have your money paid into your bank account for this period also. This form is only available at sw office.

Advertisement