Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 25 , Was Told to Reapply for Social Welfare But Im already on it

Options
  • 24-04-2013 5:59pm

Confused , well so am i

you cannot ask anyone any question in the social , they are so rude and mean

so last week i turned 25 and still living at home i was on 101 - 87 because im living at home so that monday i got 101 and rang to find out why

a nice lady on the phone told me that payments are always one week behind so this monday it might go up to 188 but come in anyway to make sure its changed

so i arrive inside and explain why the girl on the phone told me and this man told me i have to re-apply :confused:

i just dunno what to do anymore :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Confused , well so am i

you cannot ask anyone any question in the social , they are so rude and mean

so last week i turned 25 and still living at home i was on 101 - 87 because im living at home so that monday i got 101 and rang to find out why

a nice lady on the phone told me that payments are always one week behind so this monday it might go up to 188 but come in anyway to make sure its changed

so i arrive inside and explain why the girl on the phone told me and this man told me i have to re-apply :confused:

i just dunno what to do anymore :(

Well thats rubbish that you have to re-apply what day last week were you 25...I presume that the means assessed against you are from parental income and not from any self-employment/earnings of your own. How much did you get this week???

eastbono wrote: »
    Well thats rubbish that you have to re-apply what day last week were you 25...I presume that the means assessed against you are from parental income and not from any self-employment/earnings of your own. How much did you get this week???

my birthday was on the 19th

i got paid on the 22nd and im on 101 a week

my birthday was on the 19th

i got paid on the 22nd and im on 101 a week

Well you wouldnt get €188 this week as you were 25 on 19th...so there would only have been a partial over 25 payment. Its possible that this will appear in your payment next week.... if not then you need to go into them again Im afraid.

eastbono wrote: »
    Well you wouldnt get €188 this week as you were 25 on 19th...so there would only have been a partial over 25 payment. Its possible that this will appear in your payment next week.... if not then you need to go into them again Im afraid.

i really hope so about next week payment im even praying the extra money will do so much good at home with bills :(

Well if it isnt increased next week you will have to call into them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement