Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Oral ??

Options
  • 24-04-2013 5:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25

I did my Irish Oral Today and I think it went well :)
    My examiner was pretty lax and I could see the marks he was giving me

Anyone know the marking scheme so I can work out how I got on?
    I know the failtiu, sraiths and filiocht

but the general convo? I know it's 120
    But it was split up into different sections and I couldn't make out all the boxes
    I know for the bottom two boxes I got 45 or possibly 75, was hard to read his writing.

Anyone know? :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

The conversation is 120 marks altogether. 75 marks going for your Irish Repertoire, as in, your vocabulary mainly. 45 marks going for your ability and accuracy, as in, grammar and that kind of stuff. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Michelletarian

Go raibh mile! :)

By the sounds of it I got 120 then. :L
    Didn't see the sraithphictiur one though..
    I should have just asked him when the tape was off...

Whatever, tá sé thart anois!

Wow fair play! My examiner kinda had the marking sheet on her lap so we couldn't see and she wouldn't have told us what we had got, sadly!

It's so frustrating not knowing I think! :/ How did you find it?

Our examiner was sound. He gave me 35 for the poem before I'd even finished reading it :D Maybe it was just because I was the last candidate of the day.

It's so frustrating not knowing I think! :/ How did you find it?

Our examiner was sound. He gave me 35 for the poem before I'd even finished reading it :D Maybe it was just because I was the last candidate of the day.

Yeah it is! Mine went really well. Made a few silly mistakes which will bring my mark down a fair bit but overall I'm happy with it :D ! I'm hoping for around 215/240, and I think I could have got it! :)

• Advertisement

Sounds good! Few mistakes shouldn't be too bad , they mark you overall I think instead of dropping the grade at every mistake like in the Aiste :(

I got 88 in My mock so I'd love the A1 with the help of the oral. We'll see :D

Either way, great to get it outta the way!

Now to get sorted for art :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Student007

Irish orals are 40% of the total LC marks! thats a lot of points...

Still can't get over how reading the poem is only worth 5 marks less than an trial essay.

Like seriously, phonetics and all written in, compared to all the time spent reading an trial and doing essays on so many different characters/themes etc :L madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TyroneMcCabe

If it went better than this, you're fine :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kxNk-PfYVA

Advertisement