Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th Anniversary Gift

Options
  • 24-04-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'd like to make up something like a time capsule for my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary. While I'm a very practical person.....I'm soooo not creative or imaginative!! Any ideas on what to include? All I have so far, is a newspaper from the date and the no. 1 album at the time. All ideas appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

If you have access to their wedding photos you could include them, you could do up a mock newspaper front page announcing and celebrating their wedding day, write up a little paragraph about how them met and maybe include a photo before they got married?

You could even turn it into a This is your life book, get stories from relatives and friends of theirs, type them up, include loads of photos throughout the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi I don't know if you're still looking for ideas but a (red) rose bush would be a beautiful gift for ruby anniversary, link below for website which includes a copper tag that can be personalised for the occasion. I really like your time capsule idea, maybe you could get the bridesmaid, best man etc to write down their memories of the day to give your parents a trip down memory lane :)
    http://www.livingifts.ie/wedding-anniversary-gifts-p-797.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

I have my folks 30th anniversary coming up and wondering about something nostalgic as well, I was thinking about getting a wedding photo like Cathmandooo said and getting it framed, professionally restored as well if needs be as my uncle may only have the negatives. Someone I know suggested a book with guests from the wedding writing in reminiscent events on the wedding day which took them some time but could be worth it if you are in contact with a lot of them.

Any more ideas? Myself and my sis have about €600 to spend on something including the photo. We're actually going away for it so dont see much point in getting them another holiday.

Advertisement