Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bigfoot to be revealed as real in BBC documentary

Options
  • 24-04-2013 12:45pm

So here is the situation . The guy behind the Bigfoot in a freezer Hoax is back saying he shot and killed a Bigfoot during a documentary filmed for BBC.

A video was release of the creature filmed from a tent. This video is called "the Camper Video"

Minnow Films have release a statement about it .....

STATEMENT
    We are aware there has been a lot of speculation about this documentary. We will not be releasing any further information about the film prior to its screening at Hot Docs in Canada at the end of April. However, we can confirm that it includes Rick Dyer, Tom Biscardi, Dallas and Wayne, and it contains some fairly dramatic scenes filmed in the woods.

Other people have come forward to say they have seen the body which is being kept under Armed guard in Las Vegas.

For me, i am guessing this is one being hoax again. Being an award winning production company in the UK. The UK media have not picked up on this at all. Also the person involved was the same person involved in another big hoax in the past. No photo's have been released and everything is really quiet. A private detective was hired to investigate this guy who has a recording saying it is a hoax.

We will find out in 6 days .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

I would have to say 'hoax'.

The biggest find in the history of (crypto)zoology doesn't get the curtain pulled back on a little BBC doc. I smell a ratings ploy, as I'm sure many other people do. The fact that the media or, more importantly, social media is not all over this thing in a way we've never seen before ought to tell us something. Buzz, maybe, but it's just buzz over what'll probably be a long winded run around in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

load of bollox I'd say if its that same asshole as last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

The Beeb tag line

We do the best quality ****e in the cesspit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jesus, would expect this kind of thing to be shown on Channel 4, not BBC :eek:

Let's dispense with the silliness - invite some zoologists and the like to examine a specimen. Otherwise, go away.

Well here is the thing . BBC are not saying anything.

• Advertisement

HA. So he "filmed it for BBC", but whether they knew about it or will throw it in the bin or not is a different matter :pac:

yeah this guy Rick Dyer is spouting about it as much as he can and is actually selling tickets to see the body once this documentary is being released.

Story as he says it is, He nailed ribs to a tree. Bigfoot arrived, they jumped out to film it. Minnow films has 3 minutes of pure footage of this bigfoot eating the ribs then casually walks away. As its walking Rick Dyer shoots it. It runs and they chase. It then about turns and attacks Morgan Mathews (maker) as its attacking him Dyer shoots it in the back of the head.

Morgan Mathews had to go to hospital. This has been filmed apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Hopefully, if Bigfoot does exist, they managed to kill it plus a couple of belts with that baseball bat for good measure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

If it was shot on Canada, why would it be stored in Vegas? Would they even be allowed transport it internationally?

Bull, I says!

• Advertisement

It is claimed it was shot in San Antonio Texas not Canada. But its almost 100% a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

obviously it is considering yer man pulled an identical stunt a few years back.

Hopefully, if Bigfoot does exist, they managed to kill it plus a couple of belts with that baseball bat for good measure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

That trailer is hilarious. Americans have too much free time on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Any chance it was just Nicolei Valuev ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i was watching that film The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor the other day, and when yer man's cousin, the yeti, comes out, it just totally ruined the movie for me, i could believe mummys, dead emperors rising, terracotta armies, the lot, but a yeti was a step too far, totally took away from the realism of the film...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some of the comments on the trailer are hilarious! You've got to love Americans :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Some of the comments on the trailer are hilarious! You've got to love Americans :)

Yeah, they are certainly given to a special brand of hysteria.

To paraphrase the Fermi paradox, if huge intelligent ape men are living nearby humans in a limited area of woodland, why aren't they obvious?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

briany wrote: »

To paraphrase the Fermi paradox, if huge intelligent ape men are living nearby humans in a limited area of woodland, why aren't they obvious?

Maybe they're like fairies you have to believe in them in order to see them? :P

briany wrote: »

Maybe because the woodland is not that limited? Took 1 year to find Steve Fossetts plane and "that was not moving" also using 50000 people viewing satellite images.

The only reason it was found was a Chance encounter. I cant wait to see the peoples reactions once they see this documentary as nothing is going to happen.

The hoaxer in question is selling memberships to his website now. People are also paying for it :cool:

• Advertisement

Maybe because the woodland is not that limited? Took 1 year to find Steve Fossetts plane and "that was not moving" also using 50000 people viewing satellite images.

The only reason it was found was a Chance encounter. I cant wait to see the peoples reactions once they see this documentary as nothing is going to happen.

The hoaxer in question is selling memberships to his website now. People are also paying for it :cool:

But these things are supposed to move around and make noise, and hunt and interact with humans on a limited level (never on the level that would lead to irrefutable and conclusive evidence though) and there would have to be a certain amount to maintain a sustainable population.

They can find creatures at the bottom of the vast ocean and rare types of butterfly in the canopy of huge rainforests but yet a 7 foot hominid has eluded everyone in the human history of North America? I can't buy it.

(I will watch the doc though...but I'm pirating it.....fakers.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

im not really convinced there is such thing as bigfoot ,but many speices around the world have lived under the radar for many years such as the mountain gorilla which was once thought to be a mythological beast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Any one see this and what did they think ?

I saw it, i thought it was a funny documentary. With regards the ending, the word on the street is, it was all faked. People living in the woods were pre-warned that there was going to be some gun shots later that night. A mask has also been presented that the maker said was used in the documentary. The mask looks just like what was on the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Dave! wrote: »

To me it looks like the Skeptic Society of Ireland on their annual hike.

Just kidding

we know they dont leave their bedroom :D

Advertisement