Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A subtle change on the daily multipliers

Options
  • 24-04-2013 12:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This line went unnoticed on the 8.5 patch notes:

"Please note that once Version 8.5 has been implemented, the time at which a 'new day' begins will be changed to 07:00 CEST (GMT +2)."

So no more exploiting the gap between midnight and the server restart to get some extra x3 or x5 multiples.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I don't like that time ot be honest; I used to try to get some doubles after I woke up to free up time in the evening and that ruins that idea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

Yeah, clearly people are grinding way too fast with an extra day of x3 and x5 multipliers... Profits from free exp exchange are down, need to do something about it... ffs. They surely can't allow customers to have some fun.

Before the summer time I did take a star or two Mondays after 12:00, but summer time made it entirely unpractical.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If I was to speculate I'd say it was because people made the mistake the other way around (i.e. doing a double before the 3x/5x kicked in) which caused uproar on the forum about it. At the end of the day the change has minimal impact over all for people's grinding so I don't think it was related to a very tiny group of people getting 1x to 3x more exp on a few tanks for one game every so often.

Nody wrote: »
    If I was to speculate I'd say it was because people made the mistake the other way around

Yeah it sounds like a reasonable explanation. However I like it better the way was :)

Anyhoo... x3 x5 story is still the same: you do the battle with 4000 dmg, 5 frags and your team looses, next battle you are up against +2 tiers, do 0 to 200 damage and your team wins...

And the funny thing is that x2 stars reset at 21:00 GMT... Go figure...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

B0rG wrote: »
    And the funny thing is that x2 stars reset at 21:00 GMT... Go figure...

I'm pretty sure someone screwed up there.

Advertisement