Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payroll software for 2 people recommendation

Options
  • 24-04-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a small company with 2 staff, one is full time and the other only does one day.
    I'm looking for some payroll software so I can issue payslips?
    I pay the lads weekly

Any recommendations would be great.
    Thanks
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

If it's only 2 people just do it up in excel, no fancy stuff needed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Dont use excel. Some of the biggest payroll disasters I have come across are down to using DIY payroll using excel.

There are plenty of good payroll packages out there for in and around €120 that will generate payslips reports etc. I would recommend payback as it is the one I use. But there are others. Just google payroll software.

DONT USE EXCEL :rolleyes:

Regards

dbran

Nonsense.

The excel calculator here: www.taxcalc.eu does the same calculations that other packages do.

What you probably meant was: don't build the calculation yourself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Im afraid I don't agree with you and we will have to differ.

Most of these free online payroll calculators I have come across are overly simplistic and wrong and should only be used at the very most as an aid to test your own payslip. Certainly not as a basis of running your payroll.

Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Try CollSoft. My oh used it for his small company and found it really easy to use. Whatever you do stay away from Sage. It's a nightmare. It own't let you make any changes to correct errors and oh spent hours on the phone to their tech support people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

Payback is one I use and would recommend.

Just make sure you have the employees set up correct from the start . Depending on your knowledge of payroll I would recommend you get some one in for a half day training to set up the sysytem and go over the basics.

Another option you might consider again depending on your payroll knowledge is to outsource it. Two staff won't cost you much
    And atleast you know its done correctly and its one less thing for you to worry about.

Hope this helps.

dbran wrote: »
    Im afraid I don't agree with you and we will have to differ.

Most of these free online payroll calculators I have come across are overly simplistic and wrong and should only be used at the very most as an aid to test your own payslip. Certainly not as a basis of running your payroll.

Regards

dbran

The one I linked is not wrong and is very widely used. My accountant also verified the figures. This is not rocket science.

Mistakes are usually down to bad input - misallocation of credits etc. This will also cause the "wrong" results in any system.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

Thanks folks, lots to look into there

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

srsly78 wrote: »
    The one I linked is not wrong and is very widely used. My accountant also verified the figures. This is not rocket science.

Mistakes are usually down to bad input - misallocation of credits etc. This will also cause the "wrong" results in any system.

Just out of interest does this take into account an employee starting during the year with previous employment?

Yes but that's where things get tricky with any package.

"modify tax credits/cut-off point in mid year"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Nevermind they pulled the free version since I last looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

another +1 for collsoft.

It does it all with payslips, ros returns, easy p30's/p35s and its only €140+VAT

• Company Representative Posts: 12 Verified rep Sage: Lorna

tinyk68 wrote: »
    Try CollSoft. My oh used it for his small company and found it really easy to use. Whatever you do stay away from Sage. It's a nightmare. It own't let you make any changes to correct errors and oh spent hours on the phone to their tech support people.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Sage. We pride ourselves on our easy to use and up to date software so we’d really like to hear more about your experience, maybe you could drop us a note and give us some more detail on what product you use and what the problem was?

In terms of Sage payroll for 2 employees the best option to look at would be Sage One Payroll 5. Sage One Payroll 5 is online, will provide easy to use payroll for up to 5 employees and is just €6 per month. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial at www.sageone.ie

Advertisement