Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backdating Co-habiting Payment

Options
  • 24-04-2013 11:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hiya guys

My girlfriend has been added to my Jobseekers payment as co habiting so now we'll receive an extra €124 per week in addition to my €188.

The lady in the social welfare told us that if we drop in my partners p45 showing the date she finished up in her previous job (HMV in January) they will back date her co habiting payment until then.

Does anyone know how long this will take and will it be the full 3 months?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Shutter Island

Thanks for your reply :)

She applied the 124 increase to my payment with immediate effect, it went through into this weeks payment.

Sorry I may have confused you, I meant the lady said the amount that would be backdated would be for a total of 3 months ie; its been 3 months since she's worked.

I was just wondering if the backdated payment would be paid sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Should take about 2/3 weeks.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Should take about 2/3 weeks.

Thanks for that :)

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is that across the board, and even for just adding a QA

I was owed 3 weeks Jobseekers at the end of February and they were able to backdate it in a couple of days?

Wow. 3 months sucks :( Do you think I need to chase it up or just wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Jobseekers is done in a local office so it would depend on how busy the office is but yes as above, probably 2-3 weeks.

Longford is a head office and so depending on the claim, would be a lot more backlogged so it could be 3 months

• Advertisement

I'm out of Kings Inn Dublin City Centre Head Office, so I'm guessing it will be a while

DANG

Are backdated payments paid into the post office alongside my normal weekly payment or are they paid differently?

Advertisement