Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to figure out if you qualify for JSB with part-time work?

Options
  • 24-04-2013 11:10am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I worked part-time from 2009 - 2012, with full-time work over the summers. Since September 2012, I've been doing a Masters in the UK, but I'm returning home in June. If I can't get work, or until I get work, I might need to claim SW. I've read all the details about PRSI contributions for JSB, but I can't figure out how to work out whether my contributions meet the requirements. How would I go about doing this? Can I get a statement of it somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

You can get a copy of your contributions here:

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/RequestSIContributionRecord.aspx

You can also call up and they will tell you over the phone, but I don't have the number to hand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The stamp from part time work is the same as the full time one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Faith wrote: »
    Hi all,

I worked part-time from 2009 - 2012, with full-time work over the summers. Since September 2012, I've been doing a Masters in the UK, but I'm returning home in June. If I can't get work, or until I get work, I might need to claim SW. I've read all the details about PRSI contributions for JSB, but I can't figure out how to work out whether my contributions meet the requirements. How would I go about doing this? Can I get a statement of it somewhere?

Depending on your number of contributions you may have an entitlement to jobseekers benefit. The amount paid on jsb depends on your average weekly earnings in the governing contribution year (gcy) in your case it will be 2011 so you may only be entitled to a graduated rate of jsb ( due to the casual nature of your employment... if this is the case and when you return then apply for jobseekers allowance especially if you will be older than 25 as the rate for this is €188 pw... but your sw office should be able to give you all this info. If you have to apply for jsa you that fact that you have been in the uk you will have to satisfy habitual residence but you should be fine as you only went to study.

Advertisement