Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux blinking cursor in top left after telinit command

Options
  • 24-04-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

I have a virtual machine running opensuse linux.
    I got it from work and it works fine.

At work when i use the command "telinit 3" to exit out of the GUI so i have a terminal only session and it works fine.

When i brought the slice home all i get is a blinking cursor in the top left corner of the screen after entering that command.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Does anything happen if you try switching virtual consoles with Alt-F1 to F12 or Ctrl-Alt-F1 to F12?
    Does it boot OK and does the GUI work ok? Have you tried going into single user mode at boot (enter 1 in the grub options line) ?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement