Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless options?

Options
  • 24-04-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to buy a wireless Lavalier camera system from Musicstore but am faced with four wireless options.

E1 865.125Mhz.
    E2 863.625Mhz.
    E3 864.500Mhz.
    E4 864.875Mhz.

Can anyone recommend the best option or would they all be fairly interference free at these high frequencies?

Thanks,

IM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

Everything in that limited range which remains free in ch69 is open to use by anyone, licence free. There's no way to predict if another user will 'step on you', or you on them, it's a lottery in any unlicensed band.

Why not choose a model in the new, legal, GB band anyway, since you're buying new?

I strongly recommend you look at this very useful page from Sennheiser Ireland. It's essential reading for radio mic users.

http://www.sennheiserireland.com/ie/home_en.nsf/root/service_products_sennheiser-wireless-channel

g

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Cheers for that Godfrey.

Was looking at the Sennheisers alright.
    I'm going to hold off for a while and go with them.

Thanks again,

IM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi belcampprisoner

Had a look at the Azdens at the start.
    Had a play around with a set, didn't like the sound at all.
    Think I'll hold on for the Sennheisers, cheers anyway.

IM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Ofcom in the UK have been quite clear on the turn around. Its not so clear from Comreg, at least looking on their website. I did email them recently and here is the official line.

"Microphone and IEMs are permitted to operate on channel 38 (606-614 MHz) and any interleaved and unused spectrum available within 470 MHz – 790 MHz. Frequencies above 790 MHz and below 470 MHz are not permitted in Ireland for IEM and Microphone operation."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

That Azden stuff is karaoke-grade at best, and some of it is VHF. You'll find most wireless equipment on BH is not for use in Europe, naturally, being a USA site.

g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

For older gear using CH 70 You will still be able to operate up to 4 channels of radio microphones in CH70 in the range 863-865 Mhz.

The standard frequencies Sennheiser recommend to use are:

Sennheiser call the new band GB and Shure call it K3E I believe. I wouldn't buy anything in CH 68 to 70 unless they were giving it away and you were sure you didn't need more than four ever.

Advertisement