Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£40 off when you spend £40 HP

Options
  • 23-04-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭

Probably a glitch and may not arrive but worth a shot. I ordered a few things... most people are taking the £45 printers.
    Takes ages to process but does finally go through.

Code: UK4041UK40KSO
    http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/home.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

"We only deliver within the UK"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

kn wrote: »
    And only mainland UK too, so Parcel Motel isn't a runner either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

kn wrote: »

Well - that's not a problem if you buy with Parcel Motel (they cover up to €100!). But on HUKD there are already people buying 20-something printers for 5 quids each on that voucher so I would be surprised if HP will honore this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

In mainland UK, so I'll give it a go (£45 printer). I won't be on to Gershwin (the equivalent of Joe here) if it doesn't go through.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

zom wrote: »
    Well - that's not a problem if you buy with Parcel Motel (they cover up to €100!). But on HUKD there are already people buying 20-something printers for 5 quids each on that voucher so I would be surprised if HP will honore this.

Hopefully they will do like razer did with their 90% off coupon. Honour it for those that didn't take the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Where does it say mainland UK?

This is from their T&C:
    We deliver only to UK destinations. Standard delivery for those products shown as available from stock will be next working day for orders received and accepted before 4 p.m (this will not apply if additional checks and verifications by HP are required). For remote or offshore destinations delivery will normally be within 72 hours from order acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Hopefully they will do like razer did with their 90% off coupon. Honour it for those that didn't take the piss.

Razer got so much good press for that! I was gutted I didn't order. The site was running slow and I assumed it was offline.

My HP stuff was confirmed to an NI address so worth a try on parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

HP direct with postcode trickery, and Parcel Motel separately worked before for me in the past.

I forgot to add, The best deal is actually on the HP branded tablet. Its £110 if you're a student so £70 with the code.

Android, and up to date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

do you guys think the printer would fit in a parcel motel locker?

On its side, in a large locker, probably.

Android, and up to date?

Android. Due to be released next week. Its the slate. Currently showing at £129 on the student site. Must have changed it earlier.

Thanks. GSMArena show little interest, so I'll research it further.

On a side note, this offer is trending on Twitter in Scotland thanks to a bar spreading the word about it. There are success stories from it already, but some are questioning the ability of the order coming through. I guess that it is a wait-and-see game.

Thanks. GSMArena show little interest, so I'll research it further.

On a side note, this offer is trending on Twitter in Scotland thanks to a bar spreading the word about it. There are success stories from it already, but some are questioning the ability of the order coming through. I guess that it is a wait-and-see game.

Its hard to tell if it will work. They're a big company so could take the hit for the good publicity. Their site is still on a go slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

"We will send you an email with estimated delivery date once your order has been accepted."

So we need to wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I couldn't resist and ordered the HP Slate 7. It looks really good, and for £89 with free delivery, it seems to be a great deal. Thanks fasttalkerchat!

All going well, now I can retire the great piece of hardware with crap apps that is the Playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Expired for me:

2FVuN.png

Zynks wrote: »
    I couldn't resist and ordered the HP Slate 7. It looks really good, and for £89 with free delivery, it seems to be a great deal. Thanks fasttalkerchat!

All going well, now I can retire the great piece of hardware with crap apps that is the Playbook.

Could have got it for 69 if you got a student email address!

It was working for me an hour ago. Stopped ordering now so they won't detect multiple orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

"eVoucher code has expired." for me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Expired here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Where does it say mainland UK?

This is from their T&C:

My bad - I was reading the Next Day Delivery T&Cs
    Next Day Delivery Terms & Conditions. This offer is subject to the following conditions: The order is placed before the specified cut off time of 4pm (Mon-Thurs) and all security checks have been completed. All items on the order are in stock and available for delivery. Cleared funds have been received in full for the order total. Delivery is to UK mainland only.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looks like it is expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I forgot to add, The best deal is actually on the HP branded tablet. Its £110 if you're a student so £70 with the code.
    How do you get it as a student?

Edit: I see now you said a student email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Definatly dead in the water now. Im a student(with an student email) and just out of interest how do i avail of the student discount on their site? I can seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I'm a HP employee, and the HP Slate 7 tablet is listed as £109 for us (1-2 week wait time though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

From HDUK

OK guys and gals, I have spoken to HP and they have stated that the code was leaked on to the internet, from somewhere outside of HP and was not generated by HP, so it looks as though somebody out there has worked out how to generate codes.

The matter was passed to the backroom Senior Management and
    NO ORDERS WILL BE SUPPLIED..

They are working on informing all customers and I have suggested that HP contact HUKD direct to make a statement that the site can put up for us all.

Whether they will do that I don't know but I said that it would lessen the hassles on them with calls and emails as well as being a simplified way of alerting everybody to the issue in one go.

They did apologise for the issues arising from this.

Anyone who paid by Visa got their order dispatched. Some Paypal customers had orders cancelled. I'm still waiting to get a reply.
    Hopefully they will honour their offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I ordered last night they said they will send an email confirming acceptance, didnt receive anything yet though. Do you think it will be covered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I was looking forward to that Slate 7 :-(
    Dear Customer

Due to a technical problem, we regret to inform you that your order SCEO100xxxx placed 4/24/2013 has been cancelled. We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you still wish to continue with this transaction, you will need to place a new order.

If you wish to place a new order you can do so online at HP Store by clicking here

If you do not wish to proceed with your order then no further action is required and please note, you have not been charged for this order

Once again, HP apologises for this inconvenience and assures you we will endeavor to fulfill your requirements at the earliest opportunity

Yours sincerely,
    The HP Store Team

Advertisement