Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facebook -medium

Options
  • 23-04-2013 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You can't set a Facebook page to private, its just an illusion.

...Like this psychic.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Iddles76 wrote: »

Be realistic, how many people on facebook have the same name as you? and if you're not friends how would she see it?

At first you say she's a psychic, then a psychic medium. Did you go for fortune telling or to speak to people who have passed away? I can only assume you have an exceptionally detailed FB page if absolutely everything she told you is on there. Did she give you a recording of the reading that you can listen back to?
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Frowzy wrote: »
    Be realistic, how many people on facebook have the same name as you? and if you're not friends how would she see it?

Being realistic there's much more of a chance of that than someone being able to talk to the dead or tell the future. You can narrow a Facebook search by town so you can only see people in that town. You can see someones page no matter how much they do to keep it private if you have liked their page of in one of your friends is friends with this person. There's a text service called bongo that tells you information about yourself from your facebook page, so they manage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Iddles76

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭asark

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Was there anything she told you that could not have been got from your fb?
    Was she in Dublin, the only medium I know that's in Dublin and charges that amount for 30 mins is a very well medium, and I also waited just under a year to see her

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iMedium

Hi,

I have been to a few psychics over the years some really good some not so. I recently went to a psychic medium after waiting several months to see them. I was impressed but something has occurred to me in the last few days.............

I have my facebook settings set to private but she made a lot of hits and when I check my facebook page the information is there in black and white. This psychic medium is on facebook but we are not friends.

has anyone else had the same experience? v dissapointing:(

It's a difficult situation to gauge I suppose. Many, many strangers befriend mediums on FB and therefore I suppose you could say we have access to private information ahead of consultations or demonstrations.

The reality is I doubt anyone would really go to the trouble of looking up a client prior to a reading for all the information a FB profile would give them (if all she got right was your favourite TV programmes and place of work, then I'd be suspicious). If they do, they're in this movement for the wrong reasons and their reputation will not sustain itself in the long run.

If you're wary again in the future, block the medium prior to your booking, and unblock afterwards.

For as many genuine psychics/mediums out there, there will always be the "others".

Iddles,

Please read your own post.... Few or many?

Perhaps I won't take your word for it if you don't mind!
    F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Aced_Up

You are probably 'subscribed' or 'following' to the page/person.

Oh Jeepers, sorry I was so long replying to you, I had three and a half thousand Facebook pages to memorise.

I'm going to ignore most of the rubbish in your post and simply point out that if you're going to a medium for advice and guidance then you definitely have issues because mediums connect with dead people.

This thread doesn't say I'm a medium... Who's been reading who's posts then???? I've only quoted from this thread, I don't have the time or interest to research you.

FYI if you like someone's page on Facebook it doesn't mean they can see your profile, you're not friends.

Untrue... (Sigh!)

Advertisement