Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Nautilus: Revealed

Options
  • 23-04-2013 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

I finally finished my project tonight. Modifying my SEGA Dreamcast Agetec stick.

It's taken several weeks to complete. Mainly due to finding time in the evenings to do the work, waiting for parts etc, but she is finally finished!

Overhead shot:

4zP5RYQ.jpg

Blue VMU:

bwKeWqZ.jpg

Buttons:

OMocTwx.jpg

Seimitsu Forever:

GbBVMTp.jpg

Hipster Shot:

UjvaoTA.jpg

I'm really pleased with the final results, especially as it is my first ever attempt at modding a stick. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gorgeous looking yoke...well done :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Cheers chief. I'm not 100% with the artwork. The reason being the crease mark down the side. It's actually a scan of my Mega Drive cover but the crease didn't show in the scan until I printed it.

Getting used to it now though, kind of adds something to it haha! I can always change it though.

The main thing is it's ALL Seimitsu. Even the shaft cover. The dust washer is a one-off custom from the USA. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

And there you had us all thinking you were going to be making Shenmue 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A teaser video for a stick mod?

Bringing Mystery Gets to fascinating new depths / heights (delete as appropriate) :P

(nice looking controller, incidentally)

I'm going to do a tutorial/making of video as part of it. Thought it would be a cool 'how to idea'. That was the reason behind the video. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Lovely, I need to get rid of the graphics off my 360 brawl stick, just doesn't feel right with wrestlers looking up at me playing shmups. Have the Seimitsu stick and octagonal gate installed, need some decent graphics and new buttons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, better if it had a Raiden graphic on there.... ah well.....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, better if it had a Raiden graphic on there.... ah well.....

tumblr_lhjnfsdULm1qzp85mo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Very nice, the dust washer is slick!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,434 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice work man. I've been thinking of putting some artwork on my modded agetec. What did you print that image off on to?

• Advertisement

I printed it on a colour laser MFP, then laminated it and carefully cut out the holes using a bunch of different craft knives.

The dust washer is one-of-a-kind, I have another 4 different ones for future projects. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Nice, how much did it cost roughly ;) ... is there a tutorial for making one or did you just go for it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looks lovely Pyongyang, excellent work! :cool:

I love the buttons and the matching shaft cover and Start button, light blue and yellow works really well together. The dust cover looks like a tasty fizzy sweet of some kind. My inner ocd would have me take to that crease with black and red markers though. :pac:

Look forward to the video and seeing the internals.

Cheers Andrew. :)

I'm going to redo the artwork in future and clone stamp out the creases in Photoshop. They are hardly there, but it still irks me. I have a dark blue mesh ball too, but it looks more purple in tone and didn't match the buttons. I'll use that on another project!

The dust cover is one of my favourite parts, the idea was for it to look like a planet. It doesn't photograph anywhere near as nice as it looks in real life. A nice blood red and black swirl with sparkles. Looks super cool!

Fully loaded with Seimitsu parts of course. No Sanwa nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Very nice Pyongyang. Pardon my ignorance bit what's behind the name Nautilus. Or is there anything?

Also is there my H5 cable went?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Looks great !! Wouldn't know here to start trying to produce artwork like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Very nice Pyongyang. Pardon my ignorance bit what's behind the name Nautilus. Or is there anything?

Also is there my H5 cable went?

Based on the Darius under water shmups?

@Technofreek: Yes sir! This is where your Seimitsu H5P cable went to (for folks not sure what I'm on about, Technofreek very generously mailed me one of his spares as my LS-56-01 shipped from Japan without one. Cheers sir!).

Nautilus is just an 'aquatic' name for the project. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Good stuff dude. Looking forward to seeing the transformation video.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Very nice but personally I would have zoomed out just a tad to get the whole ship in there .

• Advertisement

Someone on AO asked for a close-up of the washer, so I figured to replicate here too if anyone is keen. :)

4fwoWZo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Glittery as a strippers nipple..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

FILTH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

fizzy-cherry-cola-bottles-100g-2513-p.jpg

:p

Master of the Universe

I love fizzy cola bottles. Would eat Taito ashtrays full of them so I would.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Love the washer!

Are they Sanwa buttons? I thought they were the only ones doing translucent.

I like the semitsu sticks, take a bit of a battering.

Master of the Universe

Love the washer!

Are they Sanwa buttons? I thought they were the only ones doing translucent.

I like the semitsu sticks, take a bit of a battering.

Both of my seimitsu modded sticks had those translucent buttons. So you can get them alright. I think they look really good for stick mods.

Much rather solid coloured buttons on cabs though. They're more 'arcadey' looking or something!

It's all Seimitsu. I used screw-in's too rather than snap-in buttons. They sit far nicer in the overlay. More sturdy and secure.

The beauty of a fine Seimitsu product!

Advertisement