Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent prepay mobile plans :prepay

Options
  • 23-04-2013 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Usually bargain alerts gives good advice on things or great counter offers or offers that might not be well advertised, So im gonna show what i think are great offers on mobile prepay deals and ask bargain alerts advice. all the ones i meantioning are the 20euro top up offer/ the tesco offer is 25 for unlimited data included

Prepay Mobile deal 1 25 EURO TOP UP
    Tesco mobile Double your phone credit on top ups and unlimited anynetwork texts, Unlimited data

Prepay mobile deal 2 20 EURO TOP UP
    Three All you can eat data, Unlimited any network Texts,Unlimited any network weekend Calls,Free Three to Three Calls

Prepay mobile deal 3 20 EURO TOP UP
    Emobile Top up by €20 every month to get 250 any network minutes, 250 any network texts, 250MB of data and unlimited landline calls.
    Plus get 50% extra credit free for life when you top up by €20 or €30 in one go.

Anybody think these are any good? Im mostly a free text to any network and internet user so i think the three and tesco ones are fab im fed up up handing vodafone 30euros a month to get a measly 500mb and free texts to any network. What are bargain alerts thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Three is the guy for you.
    If you hit more than 3000 texts a month, look elsewhere, at 48 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

As Captain Morgan said, only if you are a heavy data user, you'll get annoyed as there is a speed restriction on 48's service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Three is the guy for you.
    If you hit more than 3000 texts a month, look elsewhere, at 48 or something.
    As Captain Morgan said, only if you are a heavy data user, you'll get annoyed as there is a speed restriction on 48's service.

Was thinking threes offer was fantastic, so was leaning towards them anyway i dont think i would go over 3000 texts so shouldnt be a problem.

Im a little curious about 48 what is the speed restriction? gona have a look at coverage map to see am i covered

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

the emobile offer really looks like it might suit my needs! anybody know if you still get your 20euro credit to spend, or is it all used up to activate the offer?

edit: apparently not...20 euro is taken when the offer is activated. but with the 50% offer, one should still be left with 10euro to spend on any other calls that aren't included in the bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Im a little curious about 48 what is the speed restriction? gona have a look at coverage map to see am i covered

48 = o2 network

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

48: I have unlimited texts to all networks + unlimited calls to all networks + 20 mins landlines + 750Mb internet for 13 euros a month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Prepay Mobile deal 1
    Tesco mobile Double your phone credit on top ups and unlimited anynetwork texts and unlimited data

€25 if you want unlimited data

You mentioned three, 3to3 calls. tesco is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

€25 if you want unlimited data

You mentioned three, 3to3 calls. tesco is the same

ah feck will fix that so, glad you spotted that coz deffo gonna go with three now :)

• Advertisement

Early bird !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Piliger wrote: »
    Early bird !! :D
    And a long time since you were 22:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Thanks OP for posting.
    Is there any unlimited talk time on the Tesco prepay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Your only as only as old as you feel (or the one your feeling) appears to be 48's motto....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Big Lar wrote: »
    Thanks OP for posting.
    Is there any unlimited talk time on the Tesco prepay ?

No. The OP should have posted up the Lycamobile €29/month unlimted offer with double top up with online top ups as well i.e. top up by €30 and get the unlimted bundle plus €31 to spend on international calls/roaming etc.

What is time but a man-made construct ...... :p

The restriction in 1mbps download. It's the same on Tesco. O2 wouldn't give the top service to customers using their network with a different provider, so they throttle or restrict.

UPDATE: 48 encounter issues on occasion, as they are experiencing now. Sure, they're cheaper, and Three support is lacking, but I would say that you give the latter a go instead. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I am on the three deal since it came out a few years ago you also get €10 credit the next month when you topup by €20.

Vodafone call me all the time to 'entice' me back, conversation always start with 'Can I ask you what package you're on at the moment' when I tell them its always followed by 'That sounds really good, we wouldn't be able to offer you anything like that at the minute'

I've only had to call support 3 times in 5 years and found them excellent.

The restriction in 1mbps download. It's the same on Tesco. O2 wouldn't give the top service to customers using their network with a different provider, so they throttle or restrict.

I have been on 48 for a year now - I just did a speed test on 3G with half reception bars and got 1.5mbps.
    UPDATE: 48 encounter issues on occasion, as they are experiencing now. Sure, they're cheaper, and Three support is lacking, but I would say that you give the latter a go instead. Best of luck.
    As I said I have been with 48 for a year and I have never had a single 'issue' other than those regularly experienced by O2. No loss of signal, no dropped calls, no coverage issues. Last night was the first outage of any significance - though it was a doozy.

Advertisement