Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not strictly comms

Options
  • 23-04-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

But it's related.

I need to get a serial to USB adapter as the one I have used for years wont work on my new windows 8 machine.

The thing is I need one tomorrow afternoon as I've to go to dublin to do some switch configuration.

PC world dont list them, maplin do but it's the same chipset as the one I have so I'm not holding out too much hope that it'll work with windows 8

Any other suggestions I could try, preferably near the M50 on the northside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Hi,

Check out these people :

SYNCRON LTD.
    Unit F1, Centrepoint
    Rosemount Business Park
    Ballycoolin
    Dublin 11
    Ireland
    VAT No: IE 9832063S

www.syncron.ie

I don't have a phone number - there wasn't one on my invoice. However, I'm sure you can get one from their website.

I had the same problem with a USB - Serial adapter recently with a Windows 7 machine. I picked up two adapters from Syncron for the ridiculously low price of 2.50 each. Both work perfectly!

Regards

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

perfect, I'll give em a call in the morning.

2.50 is for nothing.

maplin want £20 for one, which it turns out would work with windows 8, but I think I'll give this one to the little guy.

dont suppose they do patch leads at similar rates.....

Advertisement