Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Wine of the Week French Lussac Saint-Émilion €6 save €3

Options
  • 23-04-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

The Lidl Wine of the Week this week is a French red Lussac Saint-Émilion. It's €6 reduced from €9, a 33% reduction, for one week only from 22nd - 28th April.

I haven't tried it but I'd say it should be good. Tesco's Lussac Saint-Émilion was priced at €10, making it €7.50 with the 25% six bottle discount.
    So this beats even their 25% off discount price for this wine type.

Lidl also have a French white Pouilly-Fumé AOC 2011 at €10 reduced by 9%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Oracle wrote: »
    The Lidl Wine of the Week this week is a French red Lussac Saint-Émilion. It's €6 reduced from €9, a 33% reduction, for one week only from 22nd - 28th April.

I haven't tried it but I'd say it should be good. Tesco's Lussac Saint-Émilion was priced at €10, making it €7.50 with the 25% six bottle discount.
    So this beats even their 25% off discount price for this wine type.

Lidl also have a French white Pouilly-Fumé AOC 2011 at €10 reduced by 9%.

It's not a bad wine in my opinion and definitely worth €6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

If you buy 6 bottles you get a further 2e off...

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

I'm hate LIDL in Glasnevin.
    they always out of stock all promo products.
    Was here yesterday looking for this wine.
    Worst managment of all LIDLs in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

muckety wrote: »
    If you buy 6 bottles you get a further 2e off...

Do you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

I just bought a bottle in the Moore St shop.
    It wasn't marked down to €6 (still at €8.99) but was only charged €6 at the till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I just bought a bottle in the Moore St shop.
    It wasn't marked down to €6 (still at €8.99) but was only charged €6 at the till.

Did you have to ask, or was it done automatically?

It went through automatically.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Do you

Last time I was there (2 weeks ago) they had 6-bottle wine carries that said buy any 6 bottles and get a further 2 euro off (the total). It wasn't flagged as a 1 day or 1 week special so I assume its a regular promo.. anyone else know?

muckety wrote: »
    Last time I was there (2 weeks ago) they had 6-bottle wine carries that said buy any 6 bottles and get a further 2 euro off (the total). It wasn't flagged as a 1 day or 1 week special so I assume its a regular promo.. anyone else know?

I noticed a sign on the wall today which stated you got extra €2 off if buying 6 bottles.

Yeah. Spotted that on the wall as I was getting a couple of bottles of the Wine of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

Yes, if you get the box. When they scan it, the discount is applied.
    If you get the 6 individual bottles, you get charged full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

serarra wrote: »
    Yes, if you get the box. When they scan it, the discount is applied. If you get the 6 individual bottles, you get charged full price.

Yes but I think the 6 bottle discount doesn't apply to wines that are already reduced. The discount cardboard wine carrier has a barcode on the outside. When scanned at the till it gives the €2 discount, but it won't give the discount if the wine is already discounted. It does say this (in small print) on the outside of the carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭coleen

I bought a wine of the week two weeks ago the chanti and as well as the reduction I got the two euro off so you do get it with the wine of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

To get 2 euro off you dont have to take 6 bottles of the same wine. Mix and match any wine. Excluding prosecco, champagne, port etc - just regular wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

coleen wrote: »
    I bought a wine of the week two weeks ago the chanti and as well as the reduction I got the two euro off so you do get it with the wine of the week

Well maybe it does work for the Wine of the Week. I've tried this before, with other wines on offer, and it hasn't worked, worth a try anyway I suppose ....

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

This is a great deal for a good French Red. Normally paying upwards of 10EUR a bottle for this in Tesco's.

I sampled it last night :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

If you are within reach of N.I. it has just gone on offer today at £5.

I asked at the checkout about the 2e off, and was told that it does not apply to the wines on promotion.

Didn't think much of the St Emillion (even at 6 euro!)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Moribund

I got the €2 when buying 6 bottles in the case last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

For those that did buy - was it Lussac? - my local is selling Puisseguin Saint Emilion at 6 euro rather than the Lussac, though the sign above it said Lussac... the bottle definitely doesn't.

• Advertisement

Lussac for me in Moore Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Offer applies to Lussac , Montange or Puisseguin labelled bottles ... all from basically the same region in France
    the vineyards of Puisseguin are located in the area northeast of Saint-Émilion on the right bank of the Barbanne. Together with Lussac-Saint-Émilion, Saint-Georges-Saint-Émilion and Montagne-Saint-Émilion, it is one of the "satellites" of Saint-Émilion.

Had a bottle last night ... enjoyed it

Advertisement