Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100km Blueface and Kedington Charity Cycle

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

That's a ridiculous entry fee considering that only water and bananas are provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭RoboRat

That's a ridiculous entry fee considering that only water and bananas are provided.
    all proceeds go directly to the Light of Maasai charity.

Its for charity, do it if you want, don't do it if you think its too expensive.

My experience of charity sportifs is that a lot of riders turn up on the day and pay what they feel is the right amount, especially if there is nothing really being given out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify 100% of the €40 is going to a good cause.

Donations need to be made in advance of the race here: http://www.lightofmaasai.com/donate and must include the word BIKE with your name.

Blueface and Kedington are providing free of cost:
    - Race Jersey for first 60 riders registered on the day
    - Water
    - Bananas
    - Fruit cake
    - Photographer on the day
    - Maps for those not familiar with the route
    - Portable toilets
    - Bike maintenance at Howth
    - Water stations at Howth, Malahide and Sandymount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

bceltic wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just to clarify 100% of the €40 is going to a good cause.

Donations need to be made in advance of the race here: http://www.lightofmaasai.com/donate and must include the word BIKE with your name.

Blueface and Kedington are providing free of cost:
    - Race Jersey for first 60 riders registered on the day
    - Water
    - Bananas
    - Fruit cake
    - Photographer on the day
    - Maps for those not familiar with the route
    - Portable toilets
    - Bike maintenance at Howth
    - Water stations at Howth, Malahide and Sandymount.

Just making the point that a lot of sportives give you a lot more for less money.

For example the last sportive I did cost me €25 and for that I got a goody bag, a fully stocked food stop a long the way (sandwiches,tea,coffee,fruit,fruit cake,water), mechanical support, marshalling, showers and a hot meal at the end.

€40 is towards the top end of the scale for sportive entry fees and in this case you don't get a whole lot in return. Lower the cost and you get more entries and more money for the charity. Especially in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Just making the point that a lot of sportives give you a lot more for less money.

For example the last sportive I did cost me €25 and for that I got a goody bag, a fully stocked food stop a long the way (sandwiches,tea,coffee,fruit,fruit cake,water), mechanical support, marshalling, showers and a hot meal at the end.

€40 is towards the top end of the scale for sportive entry fees and in this case you don't get a whole lot in return. Lower the cost and you get more entries and more money for the charity. Especially in Dublin.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I know it's at a higher amount than other events but we're also supplying cycle jerseys, which is why we thought we could ask for a €40 donation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

Hi bceltic,

Please let me know what time this sportive starts at.

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Race entry is €40.
    This is a "Race"? Damn.......it clashes with the Shay Elliott!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Planet X wrote: »
    Race entry is €40.
    This is a "Race"? Damn.......it clashes with the Shay Elliott!!!

Cant abide people going to sportives and calling it racing, get a licence ffs :mad:

40 quid is expensive for a sportive, but with 100% going to charity they can set whatever fee they want in my view.

Advertisement