Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Palin calls for invasion of Czech Republic

Options
  • 23-04-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭

Sarah Sarah Sarah.....she's at it again. Scarlet for her. :o

http://rockmelt.com/?tile=FFhaNLrZ0Uxsel4pQR5kTAI3Jt4&coupon=c5whr3b&user=2j6UPjEGS3jsncKhdszafz&via=mobi&mt=sh

Sarah Palin called for the invasion of the Czech Republic today in response to the recent terrorist attacks in Boston.

In an interview with Fox News, the former governor of Alaska said that although federal investigators have yet to complete their work, the time for action is now.

"We don't know everything about these suspects yet," Palin told Fox and Friends this morning, referring to Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who allegedly carried out the Boston Marathon attacks. "But we know they were Muslims from the Czech Republic.

"I betcha I speak for a lot of Americans when I say I want to go over there right now and start teaching those folks a lesson. And let's not stop at the Czech Republic, let's go after all Arab countries.

"The Arabians need to learn that they can't keep comin' over here and blowing stuff up. Let's set off a couple of nukes in Islamabad, burn down Prague, then bomb the heck out of Tehran. We need to show them that we mean business."
    Can't See Russia...

Although hosts Steve Doocy and Gretchen Carlson applauded Palin's jingoism, they immediately attempted to rectify her multiple geographic errors.

"Well Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan, which isn't Arab," Carlson corrected, "and Tehran is the capital of Iran, which is predominantly Persian. But I do see your point."

"Also Czech Republic isn't really an Arab or even Muslim country, I don't think," Doocy added, "but otherwise what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I think most Americans wish Obama would step up and lead on this one."

Palin, however, didn't take kindly to being corrected and defended her analysis.

"Steve, that's probably one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. How is Czech Republic not a Muslim country? You saw those brothers, they were Islamic and they were Chechen!"

"Yes there were Muslim and they were ethnic Chechens," Doocy started, "but they grew up mostly in Kyrgyzstan and the United States. And more importantly, Chechens don't come from the Czech Republic, they come from Chechnya, which is part of Russia. "

"What's the difference?" Palin responded. "Isn't Russia part of the Czech Republic?"

"No, the Czech Republic is a separate country. It's part of the European Union and a strong NATO ally," Doocy noted. "But heck, why not? Let's invade. What could go wrong?"

"Yeah and while we're at it," Carlson added, "let's call the Queen of England and see if the U.K. will join us."

In a statement released after the interview, Palin attacked Fox News and its "pro-Islamic" and "pro-geography" bias.

"This is just another case of the politically correct liberal media refusing to tell the truth about radical Islam," she said.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Still Ride her though

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

After reading that article, I'm certain it's a parody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Maybe if we Appease her on this one demand, there will be no more terratorial demands. And we will have peace in our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oh dear god....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am 99.99% certain the OP has linked to a parody website.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Joke's on you OP. DUH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

scarleh

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'll wait until the onion verifies this as accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Should really czech the source first....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I know shes bat**** insane but thats blatantly a satire news site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

'...Let's set off a couple of nukes in Islamabad, burn down Prague, then bomb the heck out of Tehran'

I can only sincerely hope the OP didn't believe this was legitimate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Curse Fox news and its pro-Geography agenda!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, that's not real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It was originally on the Daily Currant which is a satire website.

For some real Sarah Palin facepalmery check out this:

The Dutch in Norwegia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I'm scarlet for you OP, if you think that "interview" is genuine. Palin is no genius but FFS ........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I'm scarlet for you OP, if you think that "interview" is genuine. Palin is no genius but FFS ........

He's czeching now to see if it's genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

Even if it is satire I could totally imagine Palin giving out about a '"pro-geography" bias'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Gott wrote: »
    Even if it is satire I could totally imagine Palin giving out about a '"pro-geography" bias'

Sounds like something she'd say alright but not in reference to her beloved Fox News. Also, Palin reportedly referring to Fox News as "politically correct liberal media" should possibly have set some alarm-bells ringing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

*packs bags*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

This just really adds to solidify and cement the perception I already held of a lot of Americans understanding of what goes on outside of their quite big land mass.

They really really haven't got a clue..... obviously not all people are as ignorant as Sarah but good god..... I am just downright speechless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

She sure is dumb but the joke is defo on the OP here............... not a chance that's for real.

MugMugs wrote: »
    This just really adds to solidify and cement the perception I already held of a lot of Americans understanding of what goes on outside of their quite big land mass.

They really really haven't got a clue..... obviously not all people are as ignorant as Sarah but good god..... I am just downright speechless.

Emmm did you read any of the other posts in the thread? Its quite obviously a fake news site, tbh i reckon your worse than the OP as far as gullibility goes, you had a whole page of replies telling you it was fake and still managed to miss the obvious satire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real please be real

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

I for one didn't find this parody funny. We knew she was dumb already. The fact that this story is going somewhat viral is frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I do really think you were fooled OP. I found this story on websites I have never even heard about before.

You really are licking your wounds now on that one.

Even if I don't like her myself; Sarah Palin is not going to be that stupid in saying that rubbish in an interview.

I for one didn't find this parody funny. We knew she was dumb already. The fact that this story is going somewhat viral is frightening.

The fact that other sites are reporting it as news is the sign of damn good satire

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

VinLieger wrote: »
    Emmm did you read any of the other posts in the thread? Its quite obviously a fake news site, tbh i reckon your worse than the OP as far as gullibility goes, you had a whole page of replies telling you it was fake and still managed to miss the obvious satire

With respects, I'd followed the initial post of the thread, had my response typed and through varying degrees of work was delayed in my posting.

I was clearly not alone in my being duped albeit probably the more vocal part of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

It is typical of something she would come out with. Like "I can see Russia from my bedroom window". The clown McCain wanted her to be his VP. Holy Moley.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Finally I've found a use for my Geography degree. If Fox are "pro-geography" then that's good enough for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Well thats Merkins for ya !

Even in parody.

Sorry OP. :D

Advertisement