Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving rads.

Options
  • 23-04-2013 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Over the next while I will be moving some rads out a bit from the wall as I will be fitting insulated plasterboard (62.5mm)
    Would it be ok to refit rads using flexable hosing OR what is the proper/correct way to do this job.
    Any advice please.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

me4many wrote: »
    Over the next while I will be moving some rads out a bit from the wall as I will be fitting insulated plasterboard (62.5mm)
    Would it be ok to refit rads using flexable hosing OR what is the proper/correct way to do this job.
    Any advice please.

do not use flexi hoses. use copper . have the rads and brackets removed and pipes extended before the plasterboard is put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

Thanks for advice. This is clearly a job for a real plumber. There will be more work to do so what should I expect to pay for the following :

Remove eight rads and replace later when plasterboard is fitted. Fit new shower tray, sink and toilet . ( that will be removing whats there now and replacing with new ones to existing pipework).

Any ideas would be good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

me4many wrote: »
    Thanks for advice. This is clearly a job for a real plumber. There will be more work to do so what should I expect to pay for the following :

Remove eight rads and replace later when plasterboard is fitted. Fit new shower tray, sink and toilet . ( that will be removing whats there now and replacing with new ones to existing pipework).

Any ideas would be good.

Obtain 3 prices. That will give you an idea. It will take min of 2 site visits for the labour.
    the only ideas I can advice on. Is to choose your tradesman wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    You could extend the pipes out from the top where they are connected to the radiator.
    The existing radiator pipes are then hidden behind the plaster board
    Looks a better job and you don't have to rip up any of the floor around the pipe.
    Make sure you fit supports for the radiators behind the slabs
    Budget for around €1000 and your covered.
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

Thanks for the advice above folks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ccsolar wrote: »
    Hi
    You could extend the pipes out from the top where they are connected to the radiator.
    The existing radiator pipes are then hidden behind the plaster board
    Looks a better job and you don't have to rip up any of the floor around the pipe.
    Make sure you fit supports for the radiators behind the slabs
    Budget for around €1000 and your covered.
    Cc

If its a brick/block wall with insulated slab......110-120mm frame fixers will hold on rad brackets and the rad itself through the insulated slab.

Advertisement