Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Job Advice - Kilkenny City

Options
  • 22-04-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

I'm currently in 5th year and want to try and find a Summer job for the upcoming holidays and obviously I'm aware of the struggles in doing so.

I was hoping that I could get some advice here on how to approach it and if there are any places I should keep an eye on?

Thank you,

Cathal.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Hotels are often looking for summer work, get your CVs in now.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Mario's are looking for part time and full time staff. Saw a sign there on Sunday.

As regards advice, i would suggest going in and handing your CV into whoever is in charge in person. Don't give it to the wan at reception and don't just post in a generic CV to whoever. Find out the manager's name and address it to them. Tailor your CV and cover letter to the industry you're applying for (eg if a hotel say you want to go on and study hotel management in college etc etc). Check out the jobs forum on boards, loads of advice there.

Advertisement