Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Meteorite Falls in Argentina

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

extremely unlikely it's anything to do with the Lyrids--I'm fairly certain(99.999%) that no meteorite has EVER been associated with any meteor shower.
    and just being pedantic, although this bolide/fireball likely did produce some meteorites it is not actually a meteorite until something is found on the ground.

very cool vid though appearing as it did just as the band finished that song ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

This is on FB... half 6 am in Dublin this morning.

375987_409793509118174_2142759591_n.jpg

Im not convinced, i think its planes being lit up by the rising sun...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Iancar29 wrote: »

0530 would be a normal time for flights from the US to be overhead enroute to Europe. And the spacing looks very like 2 aircraft about 3-4 miles, and 2-3000ft apart.

Example taken over Dublin in Sept:

7938178930_4867254df1.jpg
    Racing from JFK to the UAE by tearbringer, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Iancar29 wrote: »

375987_409793509118174_2142759591_n.jpg

Yeah, aircraft heading east into Europe from the US. That picture is Connolly station taken from around Busaras.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

if you ever want to know exactly which planes are overhead--great little website http://www.flightradar24.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement