Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont trust Nigerian princes? How about U.S Generals?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

So being in the car sales business i often get the scam emails but this one is a bit different than the rest, it seems a U.S army general is now goung to make me rich an buy a car off me in the mean time, great news! I used to get great craic out of winding up these guys and waistimg there time but its been ages since iv entertained them so im looking for ideas.

Here is the (long) email i got...

Hello,

Thank you so much for the urgent response on your Car and I wish to let you know that I am sincerely interested in this Car and I am surely Buying it on your price, and I am hoping as well that we can work together on a better and higher platform, considering my relocation to your Country, I sincerely want to trust you. I am from Kentucky in United States and,i am a war veteran with the NATO troop in Afghanistan, on war Against Terrorism. I served in the 1st Armored Division in Baghdad Iraq and now serving in Afghanistan.

I will need this Car for my private purposes as i will be relocating to your Country because of some security Reasons and this is why i contacted you so that we can put head together towards my plan to invest in your Country. As a result of this,it will be important for me to reveal to you that I have in my possession the sum of $7.4 million. which i got from oil deal in Iraq. I have been deployed to Afghanistan but I have this box in Iraq and as soon as I hear from you of your reassurance to assist me then I will communicate for the delivery with the help of a red cross cargo jet.

I have this Money Stored Somewhere very safe in our camp in Fallujah Iraq waiting for a moment like this to put the money in Good use and Now that I have been moved to Afghanistan I want the Box moved without delay. I have a very profitable investment plans on hand. I cannot move this money to Someone that did not give me his or her word of Trust. because I will be in your Country for about 5 years, so I need someone I could Trust. If you accept, I will transfer the Money to your Country where you will be the Beneficiary Because I am currently settling some scores with the pentagon so I cannot be parading such an amount so I need to present someone as the beneficiary.. I am an Intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means, Risk free, of Transferring the Money through Luggage delivery agent. I just need your Acceptance and all is Done, in this deal,you will have 20% and 80% is mine.

please reply me, i need your help to transfer this boxes that contain this fund to you,that's why i came to search if i can get a trusted person in this site.hoping to hear from you.

Gen. Peter Dorado

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

LOL this made me laugh.

How do they come up with such BS :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Joke is on you OP! I just contacted him and I'm getting the car first! He just needs a few quid from me, and I'm shipping my gf over to Fallujah too as a sign of trust!

I'll take you for a spin when my car turns up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭cml387

Peter Dorado is an anagram of Dead Trooper.
    Spooky or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

aaakev wrote: »
    . I just need your Acceptance and all is Done, in this deal,you will have 20% and 80% is mine.

Gen. Peter Dorado

I once strung one of these guys along for a few emails "renegotiating" the deal. I started looking for a 50/50 split and changed my mind a few times until it was 90%/10% in my favour (at which point the fecker had the cheek to give out to me for being greedy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I am an Intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means, Risk free, of Transferring the Money through Luggage delivery agent.

That would be interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Jaysus, better report this one - the americans are deploying here for "security" purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You have to try to string him along.

There is a website that scams the scammers. I cant remember its name.

But some of those lads went OTT. In once case sending the scammers nephews on a fools errand in to war torn Darfur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

You have to try to string him along.

There is a website that scams the scammers. I cant remember its name.

But some of those lads went OTT. In once case sending the scammers nephews on a fools errand in to war torn Darfur.

The website is 419eater.com

Some good hours I've wasted laughing at that website!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

...because I am currently settling some scores with the pentagon

Sounds like your friend Peter is about to fúck shít up, terrorism style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Gotta admit, they're triers! Funny how they go to all that effort, and still can never write an email without spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

My favourite one was an email from "The FBI", saying they'd checked out the attached offer and found it to be legit, so I could proceed with sending them my details, not a bother... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The website is 419eater.com

Some good hours I've wasted laughing at that website!

I used to do the same! That and scambaiters.com

Right well here is my plan to kick it off, first off i need to change emails because he has my real name and phone number ect because its in my sig on my work email so ill reply to his message from my old email i used for messing with these type of guys tomorrow! The beauty of this is he will not even notice because he has sent that email hundreds of times!

Anyone any sugestions how to play this initially?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

This guy made money from engaging with the scammers, couldn't stop laughing when reading it, absolutely hilarious the he antics he gets up to and hoops they have to jump through !!! Its like fishing you have to play them...

http://www.bobservant.com/9.html

I used to do the same! That and scambaiters.com

Right well here is my plan to kick it off, first off i need to change emails because he has my real name and phone number ect because its in my sig on my work email so ill reply to his message from my old email i used for messing with these type of guys tomorrow! The beauty of this is he will not even notice because he has sent that email hundreds of times!

Anyone any sugestions how to play this initially?

My favourite scambaits on 419eater are the ones where they get the scammer to record himself reading whole books (like harry potter and things) and tell them they're going to get paid for it. Then they post up the recordings so we can all laugh at them. Do something like that - just for my amusement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Western union, lagos office here how can I help.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

who_me wrote: »
    Gotta admit, they're triers! Funny how they go to all that effort, and still can never write an email without spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

My favourite one was an email from "The FBI", saying they'd checked out the attached offer and found it to be legit, so I could proceed with sending them my details, not a bother... :D

I read something a while back which sounds counter-intuitive at first but actually makes sense - the obvious spelling/grammar mistakes and the preposterous stories are deliberate and exist to weed out all but the most gullible of marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

'mrca

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

So being in the car sales business i often get the scam emails but this one is a bit different than the rest, it seems a U.S army general is now goung to make me rich an buy a car off me in the mean time, great news! I used to get great craic out of winding up these guys and waistimg there time but its been ages since iv entertained them so im looking for ideas.

and your own

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Joke is on you OP! I just contacted him and I'm getting the car first! He just needs a few quid from me, and I'm shipping my gf over to Fallujah too as a sign of trust!

I'll take you for a spin when my car turns up!

You've been looking for an easy way to end this relationship, I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Reply something like the following;

"holy sh1t! Not general Peter 'Iron Balls' Dorado! The scourge of Ramallah! youve been my hero since I served with the 519th in helmand province. Sir I'd happily help for free. Could you just send me a souvenir? A signed Iraqi helmet would be great! If a few few Iraqi teeth from your legendary hunting parties was possible well gee that would mean so much to us all...

Hey, send me on your contact detaills, I've some buddies that worked with you on the Blackops side who'd love to pop down and say hi! Remember 'pliers' Murphy! He still tells the story of the stuff you got up to on a flight to Lagos...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Phoenix wrote: »
    You dont have a link to that per chance?

Here you go.
    Not the most usable of sites, but still a good LONG read.

http://www.419eater.com/html/RoadToChadDarfur/

and your own

As apposed to your near 6,400 posts on boards? All time well spent im sure ;)

Seriously tho if it gives me a few laughs it will be time well spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

You've been looking for an easy way to end this relationship, I take it?

That's the easiest way I can think of!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

You'd think a general would have better grammar and diction, nevermind spelling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

It's been said before, but imagine, someone, somewhere falls for this stuff!!

It's a wonder, in all their time doing this, that they never could locate one native english speaking criminal with good spelling and grammer to write a half-way convincing email.

I mean, if the grammer was right you'd nearly believe this!

It's been said before, but imagine, someone, somewhere falls for this stuff!!

It's a wonder, in all their time doing this, that they never could locate one native english speaking criminal with good spelling and grammer to write a half-way convincing email.

I mean, if the grammer was right you'd nearly believe this!

My father-in-law is the kind of person that would fall for these. Anytime there's a new scam we have to call him straight away and warn him.

He almost fell for a scam selling his car, you know the one where the seller is in another country and wants to pay to get the car shipped to them because their employer is paying for it, but it's a really crappy car so why would they do that? We had to tell him all the ways he could be caught out. If we hadn't said anything I'm sure he would have lost money on it. He's not a stupid man just really naive - I guess he's an ideal target!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    LOL this made me laugh.

How do they come up with such BS :eek: :pac:

HEY...Not so fast !....has to be kosher,sure did'nt Cadillac name a car after this guy...The EL Dorado.....Jeez,people here are SO sceptical.....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I knew it was bullshít as soon as he said he could trust a car salesman. :D

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    I knew it was bullshít as soon as he said he could trust a car salesman. :D

Ah now less of that....

Advertisement