Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange and Tesco Mobile in Ireland

Options
  • 22-04-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

My sister and my own mobile contract is up mid-June and I've been doing a little research to see where the better deals are.

Using billmonitor a tool I picked up on Moneysaving Expert I discovered that between us we could possibly save £600 over two years and that's with an upgrade to Galaxy s 3 for me and sister staying with her old handset. My HTC is useless, never buy one!

Billmonitor suggested that I switch from Vodafone to Orange and little sister from Vodafone to Tesco. The question is what sort of coverage will we get in Ireland with these companies. My sister in particular is across the border on a frequent basis - North to South. I less so.

But the question is do these companies effectively cover the island of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

There people will of course allow you roam in all parts of Ireland, the question is how much will they charge you for doing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

ardmacha wrote: »
    There people will of course allow you roam in all parts of Ireland, the question is how much will they charge you for doing this!
    I appreciate what you say but what I'm interested in at the moment is their coverage. Do they effectively cover ALL of the island?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

All networks here have mostly full coverage here. Rather than asking why don't you check each of the networks coverage maps on their sites. No one here can tell you if you'll have coverage where you want it.

www.vodafone.ie
    www.three.ie
    www.o2.ie (Tesco use O2 network)
    www.meteor.ie (E-Mobile use this network)

Advertisement