Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reese "Do You Know My Name" Witherspoon

• 22-04-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭

Gave me a chuckle this morning. Celebs, eh?
    Talk about saying 'Something Stupid', eh? Reese Witherspoon (real name Laura Jeanne Witherspoon) was arrested on Friday night for mouthing off in the classiest of Hollywood fashions after allegedly getting all up in the face of some cops and saying 'Do you know my name?'. The car she was traveling in with her husband Jim Toth was stopped after apparently swerving all over the road and he was arrested for driving under the influence.

The 37-year-old 'This Means War' star - who gave birth to her third child Tennessee in September and shares daughter Ava, 13, and son Deacon, 10, with her ex-husband Ryan Phillippe - was reportedly taken into police custody for disorderly conduct for a less than pleasant exchange with the officers that went as follows.

Reese: 'Do you know my name?'

Officer Just-Doing-His-Job: 'No, I don't need to know your name.'

Reese: 'You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news.'

More here: http://entertainment.ie/celebrity-gossip/Reese-Witherspoon-and-husband-arrested-in-DUI-incident/178636.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

If this had have been here the officer would have said "Karen Koster from TV3" as they do look a bit like each other now that would be fun hitting headlines lol :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Apology Statement
    "Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now," the statement reads. "But I do want to say, I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behavior."

At least she admits she did wrong with her rant but she was also wrong to get the car with her husband who was drunk as well not a good example for her kids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Apology Statement

At least she admits she did wrong with her rant but she was also wrong to get the car with her husband who was drunk as well not a good example for her kids

Statement = bollocks!.....it does reflect who she is, alcohol only brings out the real person, those layers of control are washed away and the real snob revealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Statement = bollocks!.....it does reflect who she is, alcohol only brings out the real person, those layers of control are washed away and the real snob revealed.

I disagree.
    For starters, alcohol affects people in different ways, I don't agree that it brings out the "real" person in everyone.

Secondly to be fair to her she could have reacted a hell of a lot worse - she didn't assault anyone, hurt any one, verbally abuse anyone.
    She didn't have to react at all but what I am saying is, She ignored a police officer and made a silly drunken comment (like most of us after a few to many drinks) but because of who she is, she is now been labeled as "snob" etc and having awful stuff written about her in the media.

I've read high profile celebs doing a lot worse and not getting half as much grief over it.

Think all the negative media attention she's getting from it is all a bit ott imo.

The media were waiting for America's squeeky clean sweetheart to buckle...now she'll be labeled a bad girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

So she had too much to drink and said something stupid. Big deal. I can think of far worse things myself and people I know have said under the influence of alcohol, only it's not happening on a global stage.

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

^ compounding the embarrasment!

She said she was preggers as well :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

What a silly bint, that chin.

• Advertisement

I laughed at her husband telling the cop he "had nothing to do with that" about Reese :P

Advertisement