Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Understairs bathroom ideas

Options
  • 22-04-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a small under stairs bathroom that I am in the process of updating and i was looking for ideas from any of you that have done the same in the past.
    The space is small so the plan is to replace the small toilet and sink. I will be looking for a small toilet and a corner hand basin (again small) with one mixer tap.
    The house is a standard 3 bed semi built approx 25 years old.
    I’d love to see pictures of any innovative or nice under stair toilet spaces.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Is there a window in it?

Based on a toilet with no windows in a restaurant called Koh I've always wanted a darkened downstairs loo with a glitter ball and black sparkly tiles, just for the craic, mind you I'm not sure I'd ever go through with it. It would definitely make a boring small loo into a feature room though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Is there a window in it?

Based on a toilet with no windows in a restaurant called Koh I've always wanted a darkened downstairs loo with a glitter ball and black sparkly tiles, just for the craic, mind you I'm not sure I'd ever go through with it. It would definitely make a boring small loo into a feature room though :D

Unfortunately (or fortunately) it does have a widow so the Koh loo is out...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

My sis just redid her downstairs loo and your space sounds kinda similar( no window either ). She went all out on the glamour but did not spend much. It's wallpapered in a Laura Ashley shimmering duck egg paper, can't remember the name, she picked up accessories and a framed mirror in Home Base and towels in Dunnes. The shade on the light is crystal beads, again inexpensive from B&Q.

It might sound very over the top but it really works as all that's in it is a loo roll holder and towel holder and a really nice soap dispenser. I totally agree its a space that you can let your imagination run wild with:D

Actually my mum decided it create a fake "window" in her downstairs loo years ago ( including curtains and a light behind the glass) which all my mates thought was hilarious at the time but hey whatever floats your boat.....

Advertisement