Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Circulating Pump Failure

Options
  • 22-04-2013 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi. I have 2 methods of heating my house, Boiler Stove & Oil CabinPak. My boiler stove pump heats all rads without any problem, but my cabinpak pump fails to get the last 2 rads even lukewarm, as if it doesn't manage to pup to them. As expected the rads the oil is managing to heat are hotter than the boiler stove. Could this be possible pump failure or wrong pump in cabinpak. I only bought this house so don't know if oil ever heated these last rads. Only thing I do know is oil pump was seized when I first fired the boiler, a few taps and it took off. Boiler Stove is a new fit with a brand new Wilo 6 mtr pump. Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

tommyh1977 wrote: »
    Hi. I have 2 methods of heating my house, Boiler Stove & Oil CabinPak. My boiler stove pump heats all rads without any problem, but my cabinpak pump fails to get the last 2 rads even lukewarm, as if it doesn't manage to pup to them. As expected the rads the oil is managing to heat are hotter than the boiler stove. Could this be possible pump failure or wrong pump in cabinpak. I only bought this house so don't know if oil ever heated these last rads. Only thing I do know is oil pump was seized when I first fired the boiler, a few taps and it took off. Boiler Stove is a new fit with a brand new Wilo 6 mtr pump. Any thoughts appreciated.

Maybe your oil is heating the stove. If the stove is piped incorrectly, the boiler in it will heat when the oil is on. Try this... With both systems off turn on the oil, check the top pipe at the stove. Is it warm??

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

No, NRV's fitted to prevent this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

What size pump is on your oil boiler , if its heating the others fine except the last 2 ot might be a balancing issue , first try shutting off a few other rads to make sure that these 2 rads do in fact heat at all.

No, NRV's fitted to prevent this.

Maybe the balance valve on the cyclinder is open. Close it fully and open 1 turn

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Maybe the balance valve on the cyclinder is open. Close it fully and open 1 turn

Would this be the gate valve on the bottom of cylinder coil?

Thanks for info.

• Advertisement

Would this be the gate valve on the bottom of cylinder coil?

Thanks for info.

Ye that's the one. Is it fully open?

Ye that's the one. Is it fully open?
    It sure was, I've wound it down fully then open about a turn maybe turn and half. Thanks for the tip, saves buying a new pump.

It sure was, I've wound it down fully then open about a turn maybe turn and half. Thanks for the tip, saves buying a new pump.

Did the heat go to the rads?

Did the heat go to the rads?

I'll let you know, couldn't bring myself to fire the oil this smashing day:)

Problem solved, it was the valve, thank you!!!

• Advertisement

Problem solved, it was the valve, thank you!!!

No bother

Advertisement