Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dongle Claims Impossible Data Usaged

Options
  • 22-04-2013 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Our internet dongle is reporting that we have used massive amounts of data. We are both certain that it is incorrect, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.
    My bills were over a €100 for over-use!!!
    We've only used the internet for surfing the web and the occasional youtube video, yet the dongle reports us as having used over 20GB over 3 bills. The company, Meteor, insist that the amounts are correct, but it just could not be the case. The are wrong - it cannot be possible.

Also, if any techies know how a mis-reading could occur, it'd be interesting to know. We are on the very cusp of the network and it keeps switching back and forth to the edge network. Is it possible for the tower to be reading our data usage twice? Once on 3G and once Edge? Another possible reason may be the fact that we are using linux (Fedora 18) to connect.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Cork981

I would install a traffic monitoring tool on your desktop and monitor how much your using ?
    20GB isn't a lot of data especially watching YouTube videos.
    Even windows updates can use a lot, services like drop box etc.
    20GB can easily be used in a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It's easily possible, by 3 bills you mean 3 months right?

Advertisement