Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AH VOICE- Have your say.

Options
  • 21-04-2013 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭

Without criticism.

This thread is for people who want to voice their opinion on any issue they want- without criticism from other posters.

It's not necessarily a ranting and raving thread. You don't have to rant or rave about a particular issue- just have an opinion that you'd like others to hear on an issue or let others know about news you've read recently that you don't want to start a thread on.

The rule of this thread are simple:

1. You can't engage someone directly on what they say - just post your own view but the next post could be on something totally different.

3. You can post an alternative view on any issue that another poster has written about without being criticised but you can't quote that post in order to make your point or disagree with that poster.

4. There's a rule 2, but I haven't thought of it yet.

Let's begin:
    Was reading this week that the fair deal scheme for the elderly was "suspended" over the last 2 months.

It means in essence that more hospital beds are taken up by elderly patients who require care, but not necessarily hospital care, but can't get appropriate nursing home care, because the Govt. have suspended the care scheme programme, that supports such care.

In addition, those who would normally qualify for nursing home care, subsidised by the state, are in care homes right now, spending the last of their savings directly to the private nursing homes, without any hope of gaining subsidy by the state, which leaves their current care situation, in serious disarray.

Article below:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bedblockers-jump-queue-for-nursing-home-places-29209172.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,064 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This thread is for people who want to voice their opinion on any issue they want- without criticism from other posters.

No more apples in the vending machine please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't think gay babies should be adopted by straight parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Personally if a vending machine produced apples, I'd be in favour:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I do not see the point in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I want to adopt a gay Roma baby and raise it to be a banker and part time politician who raises P.S pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Isn't this 'idea' the general purpose of the entire AH forum anyway???????

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

I think this is a sh1te idea for a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Boards is inherently a discussion site, not a blog, the whole point when somebody posts something is it gets discussed, positively or negatively.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement