Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

-what age can you get a tattoo with parents consent?-

Options
  • 21-04-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hi just wondering what age you have to be to get a tattoo with a parents consent and with you?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Depends on the shop, some places won't unless you're 18.
    However, I really would recommend waiting until you're 18, as a teen you change a lot, your emotions and opinions. What you think is awesome now you might hate in a year. By the time you're 18 your hormones will pretty much have settled down, you'll know what you like and what you dislike a lot better, and it can save you a lot of time and money on Laser Removal down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

according to citizens information:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/children_s_rights_and_policy/children_and_rights_in_ireland.html

There is no legislation regulating body piercing and tattooing. As a result there is no legal minimum age at which you can get a body piercing or tattoo.

It's really at the discretion of the tattoo artist what age they will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Think long and hard before you get one of those ugly things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

No reputable studio will tattoo you under the age of 18 with or without parents consent and rightly so.

Im not sure how old you are but if you really want a tattoo and have a set idea in your head look on the time you have to wait as a time to refine the idea you want, find the right artist, get the cash together so when you finally do get it, you get it just right ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Think long and hard before you get one of those ugly things.

Really tayto? As a long term user of boards you should know better than to come into a forum called tattoo's and piercings and make such ridiculous statements, fine if there not your thing but have a look what thread your in. Your not a newbie thats the kind of post i expect from a newbie trying to troll there way around boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Taylor lover banned for trolling.

Don't feed the trolls please Marty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Like Marty said, no reputable place will tattoo you under the age of eighteen, even with parental consent.

You'd be better off waiting anyway, because what you like now, you're not necessarily going to like when you hit adulthood, your body and mind are still developing and you have your whole adulthood to get tattoos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Do think hard about I was planning my first tattoo for a year and the start of my sleeve for another year wanted to make sure they where shalt I wanted,I ve now come up with the exact design for the rest of my sleeve

• Registered Users Posts: 31 karl500

Thanks for the replys !

Advertisement